What Not To Miss On The Edge!!

vtcruising

38 minutes ago, swilli55 said:

vtcruising  since you are going again this month, may I ask a favor??  Or maybe you already know the answer to these questions.  Does Magic Carpet do dinner other than the Dinner on the Edge which is done only a couple times per cruise?  And is the menu mostly seafood?  I've seen what looks to be the lunch menu for MC and there's not much non-seafood items.  I'm traveling in April with a group of 15.  One is celebrating her 50th bday and wanted to have the whole group do dinner on MC.  But she and several others don't like seafood.  I'm reading reviews to gather info.

Thanks!!

I can check into it, but from what I've heard the meals on there are pretty seafood-heavy. We did a dinner on the Magic Carpet, but it was parked on 5 outside Raw on 5. They had an a la carte menu that was mostly sushi/seafood. As you've probably seen, the Dinner on the Edge has a raw bar, seafood and an additional theme food (like Mexican). They plan the Magic Carpet dinner nights by looking at the weather so it can't be planned far ahead.

We loved Fine Cut Steakhouse - personally that is where I would go for a special dinner on the Edge. I am headed there for the third time on 1/20! They do have a separate dining area that seats about 12. They also have outside seating for those nice nights. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

7 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Marilyn, I envy you, getting ready to return to the Edge! We will have our turn in April and I am really looking forward to it as one week was not enough, the time just flew by!

I hope  you have a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable journey this time. ❤️

Thanks, I am getting so excited!! I'm so afraid it will fly by again - I want to savor every minute this time. I will toast you on the ship and then while I jealously watch you sail away in April, you can toast those of us left behind. 🙂

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, I am getting so excited!! I'm so afraid it will fly by again - I want to savor every minute this time. I will toast you on the ship and then while I jealously watch you sail away in April, you can toast those of us left behind. 🙂

Sounds like a good plan to me. 🍾🥂 😊

Enjoy your cruise

We are a week behind you..planning to try breakfast outdoors at BLU. 

I also plan to do a review focused mostly  on Aquaclass on EDGE..cabins, BLU, thermal suite, etc.

Looking at your recent  photo post, I think they should clear out a bit of the  

"forest".  It could still be a nice passageway  with fewer obstructions !

You had better not be packing a chain saw!  I guess I will have to stay onboard to protect the trees...😉

Actually, there are less trees than it seems in the pictures - there are mirrors on both sides so it looks like a lot of trees.

Will look forward to your review of AQ on the Edge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I can check into it, but from what I've heard the meals on there are pretty seafood-heavy. We did a dinner on the Magic Carpet, but it was parked on 5 outside Raw on 5. They had an a la carte menu that was mostly sushi/seafood. As you've probably seen, the Dinner on the Edge has a raw bar, seafood and an additional theme food (like Mexican). They plan the Magic Carpet dinner nights by looking at the weather so it can't be planned far ahead.

We loved Fine Cut Steakhouse - personally that is where I would go for a special dinner on the Edge. I am headed there for the third time on 1/20! They do have a separate dining area that seats about 12. They also have outside seating for those nice nights. 🙂

OK, that's what I've read too.  I told my friend and now she's agreed to go to the steakhouse instead.  I've read nothing but great things about that venue.  Thanks for your help on this!!  Enjoy your next cruise and hope the weather is wonderful for you!

On 1/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, kearney said:

One of the pleasant surprises on Edge were the live groups... I am not talking about Edenists.... which I only saw once outside Eden.. but the nice live music in the atrium and other places. I was half expecting nothing but loud taped music in the atrium.... this made the area a nice place to hang out at.

We are on the Edge right now. Love the ship, but find it very, very noisy. The groups can hardly be heard as bass is so loud. Talked with the sound engineers they say it is the ship (material etc) which does not assist acoustics. Sadly, this thumping can be heard in other areas ad well :( hopefully they will find a way of rectifying it

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

We are on the Edge right now. Love the ship, but find it very, very noisy. The groups can hardly be heard as bass is so loud. Talked with the sound engineers they say it is the ship (material etc) which does not assist acoustics. Sadly, this thumping can be heard in other areas ad well 😞 hopefully they will find a way of rectifying it

I noticed an issue in the theater where I had trouble understanding the singer... the background music seemed to over power. But in the martini bar I had not trouble hearing the musician. Now we were usually sitting down on deck 3... perhaps the issue is higher up. Now when they turned on the taped music for the chandelier light show at 6... that was loud. We never noticed thumping.... I do recall very early on there were reports of noise impacting a few cabins...but I never heard what the cause was but got the impression in might be from The Club. Sorry for this..... are you noticing the noise while in one of the specialty dining venues? We never tried one....

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, vtcruising said:

Question about Fine Cut.  We are a group of 12 and are all booked for 1 night here.  We were told by Celebrity to go to the maitre'd when we board to see if we can all get to be together or at least near each other.  We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary that night so maybe they will be able to do this?  We will all be there, booked at the same time, so I was wonderfing if Miami was giving us the right information.  Thanks

Pat

4 minutes ago, PatC said:

Question about Fine Cut.  We are a group of 12 and are all booked for 1 night here.  We were told by Celebrity to go to the maitre'd when we board to see if we can all get to be together or at least near each other.  We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary that night so maybe they will be able to do this?  We will all be there, booked at the same time, so I was wondering if Miami was giving us the right information.  Thanks

Pat

It is possible that the shoreside dining concierge could arrange this for you?  There was a thread a while back with her name and email address.  I think maybe Marilyn was in contact with her.

58 minutes ago, PatC said:

Question about Fine Cut.  We are a group of 12 and are all booked for 1 night here.  We were told by Celebrity to go to the maitre'd when we board to see if we can all get to be together or at least near each other.  We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary that night so maybe they will be able to do this?  We will all be there, booked at the same time, so I was wonderfing if Miami was giving us the right information.  Thanks

Pat

I think the chances are good that you can sit together, as I saw some  good- sized groups there. I can look for the contacts that I have used when I get home (out and about this morning). Otherwise, I would board early and head to FCSH and try to make it happen. You might be able to get the Jewelry Box (space that I think holds 12). I’ll look at my pictures to see if I have any pictures of the larger tables there and will look for those email addresses. I would hope for a 50th anniversary they would make it work!!

3 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

I just got off the edge from the dec 30th sail date.  Here are some pics.     I loved the infinite veranda! Cabin 8025.

FB7CBCF4-9457-4F8D-863B-3621391BCCE3.jpeg

We didn’t sail in a IV cabin, but we did get to see a couple on a cabin crawl.

I was really impressed at how spacious the cabin feels especially when the bed is by the bath. I also liked how the wall to wall windows let in so much light and created a great view.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

It is possible that the shoreside dining concierge could arrange this for you?  There was a thread a while back with her name and email address.  I think maybe Marilyn was in contact with her.

Thanks, Tee, I’ll find those contacts when I get home. It’s certainly worth a shot to try to get it worked out ahead of time.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think the chances are good that you can sit together, as I saw some  good- sized groups there. I can look for the contacts that I have used when I get home (out and about this morning). Otherwise, I would board early and head to FCSH and try to make it happen. You might be able to get the Jewelry Box (space that I think holds 12). I’ll look at my pictures to see if I have any pictures of the larger tables there and will look for those email addresses. I would hope for a 50th anniversary they would make it work!!

Thanks so much.  We planned on heading right to the restaurant to see if we could make this happen.  My son was given the info to do it right away and I have the cabins of all those who are with us so hoping it works.  Really looking forward to eating here with your great reviews.  We are doing Le Petit Chef the first night with one other couple, only because we had booked very early on for the restaurant, then they changed it and we got it for the original cost.  So, looking forward to that one also.  Thanks so much for all the great pictures and information.  I have followed your posts faithfully and am armed with so much information.  We board on Sunday so I will post back when I get a chance.  Again, thanks.

Pat

59 minutes ago, PatC said:

Thanks so much.  We planned on heading right to the restaurant to see if we could make this happen.  My son was given the info to do it right away and I have the cabins of all those who are with us so hoping it works.  Really looking forward to eating here with your great reviews.  We are doing Le Petit Chef the first night with one other couple, only because we had booked very early on for the restaurant, then they changed it and we got it for the original cost.  So, looking forward to that one also.  Thanks so much for all the great pictures and information.  I have followed your posts faithfully and am armed with so much information.  We board on Sunday so I will post back when I get a chance.  Again, thanks.

Pat

Here are the 4 contacts I have found. I'm not sure anyone can do this ahead of time, but it wouldn't hurt to send an email. If you don't get any help from them, I would board early - we were on at ~10:45 on one cruise - and head right to that restaurant. It is very close to where you board (we boarded on deck 5 and it was across from where we boarded). If no one is there yet, I would find out where the specialty dining reservation tables are and head there (usually outside of OVC, but not sure where they are on the Edge). If you have all the cabin numbers written down for them that should help. I'm guessing that the private area would have to be booked with the FCSH maitre'd so hopefully you will see him or her immediately after boarding. 

SpecialtyRestaurant@celebrity.com  (I emailed them about just adding 2 people to a reservation and they said it had to be onboard, but maybe they will help out with a bigger group?)

CelebrityDining@celebrity.com  (this is an email address that was in the Dining FAQs sheet for dining requests)

ivrhovec@rccl.com  (this is, or at least she was, an X Dining Admin, who is in charge of Edge dining)

CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com (I have emailed this one with several questions, etc. and they actually have called back (so maybe include your phone number) and have been great with problem-solving - it is the same email for Captain's Club questions.

I would include a lot of details about this long-awaited cruise for your 50th anniversary on the Edge with family and how much it would mean to have the family together that night, etc., etc. They seem to like a good story with some personal details and a bit of positivity. 😉

Here is the Jewelry Box - it is set up for 10 here, but I wonder if they can add another leaf. There are areas for big tables in the main restaurant - I didn't get pictures of them. I think I would ask for a table away from the rail overlooking the Grand Plaza - it was noisy down there the first night we ate there and then we were told that was fixed and it was quiet the second time we went, but who knows what will be going on that night. We didn't hear much noise the first night because we were inside, away from the rail. 

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise - we are all rooting for you to have an amazing time with your family. Please come back and let us know! :classic_smile:

enhance

enhance
Edited by vtcruising

1 minute ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks for starting this thread.  I have been making a list of pics I need to get and your recommendations reminded me of a few things I left off the list for our cruise starting on Sunday.

Great! Your files are going to be a wonderful resource for us all.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise! So sorry to miss you by a week. We so enjoyed meeting you guys in November!  Hope to cruise with you again someday. 😊

Just now, vtcruising said:

Great! Your files are going to be a wonderful resource for us all.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise! So sorry to miss you by a week. We so enjoyed meeting you guys in November!  Hope to cruise with you again someday. 😊

I do wish that we had booked your cruise now, since there are some other folks that I would like to cruise with again on that one.  But there are a lot of good folks on this one too.  This should be a much more relaxing and enjoyable experience than our last one on the Edge.  Two days is not enough time.  Come to think of it, 7 isn't either. :classic_biggrin:  Maybe we will cruise with you on the Apex when it comes out.

7 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I do wish that we had booked your cruise now, since there are some other folks that I would like to cruise with again on that one.  But there are a lot of good folks on this one too.  This should be a much more relaxing and enjoyable experience than our last one on the Edge.  Two days is not enough time.  Come to think of it, 7 isn't either. :classic_biggrin:  Maybe we will cruise with you on the Apex when it comes out.

Great idea!! :classic_smile:     I know that 7 days won't be enough. I originally booked Jan 20 and 27 B2Bs with opening day prices and then had to cancel the 27th because we booked the preview cruises. It actually would have been cheaper to do the 2 B2B in the S1's than the Nov/Dec cruises and only one Jan cruise (1 less flight, less hotels and meals in FLL, etc), but I wouldn't give up the adventures I had on the Edge early on (well maybe my little adventure in Medical... 😉).

Safe travels, Mike! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

13 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

C3D9C735-64A7-4251-BCF3-B3B2EAD2D176.jpeg

What I notice in your pic, which was not there when I sailed on Dec. 9 is the contraption (don't know what you call it) that lowers disabled people into the pool.  Glad to see that!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ecslady said:

What I notice in your pic, which was not there when I sailed on Dec. 9 is the contraption (don't know what you call it) that lowers disabled people into the pool.  Glad to see that!

We noticed that too! Good news!

10 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We didn’t sail in a IV cabin, but we did get to see a couple on a cabin crawl.

I was really impressed at how spacious the cabin feels especially when the bed is by the bath. I also liked how the wall to wall windows let in so much light and created a great view.

I thought "Alaska" for us when I saw this since we would prefer a traditional balcony for the Caribbean. It is a great picture!