So many questions about my 1/6/19 cruise

I'm so sorry if some of these already have topics.  I scanned but couldn't see anything and I'm down to just 4 days.  If anyone has the answers to my questions, it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Internet - My daughter is going on this cruise with me and she needs internet to stay in touch with her boyfriend.  I don't need it, but would like it.  It says there is a savings if I pre-buy it now instead of onboard.  It looks like the cheapest package for one device is around $76, around $263 for two (which makes no sense).  Last year we sailed with Carnival and the rate was much cheaper and we purchased the plan onboard.  Do these prices sound right?  Is RCC more expensive than Carnival?  Should I wait or pre-buy?

2. Is there a way to view the daily activity sheets before boarding?  When can I make reservations for shows?  Do I have to wait to be onboard?

I know I have other questions but my brain isn't functioning right now.  I'm a bundle of nerves getting ready for this trip.  So again, my apologies if the answers are already somewhere on here.

Pre-purchasing Internet is usually cheaper than purchasing onboard. Royal offers two internet options, though, Voom Surf and Voom Surf and Stream. I believe only Surf and Stream, the more expensive option, can be bought pre-cruise. If she does not need to stream video and can get by on Surf only, buying onboard might be cheaper. You can also wait until a later day if you buy onboard and pay for less days.

As for reservations, what ship? Not all ships require reservations for shows. If you are on a ship that does, you should be able to make reservations through the cruise planner and possibly through the Royal Caribbean app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyrehc0521 said:

We are on Freedom of the Seas.  When I pull up the trip in cruise planner, nothing shows up under Entertainment.  Do they not have itineraries available before the sail date?

There are no pre-cruise entertainment reservations for Freedom.

On my cruise on the Allure coming up it's about 16 a day for one device. We got it on sale at one point quite a while back and paid about 26 a day for 3 devices. So around 180 bucks total for a 7 day cruise. Not bad. 76 seems high

Edited by dwayneb236

If you can get your daughter off the phone for short periods you might want to just buy a single device package.  Single device means one device at a time but you can use any number of devices total.

And RELAX - cruising is supposed to be fun.  Once onboard pick the things you want to do and do them.  Or change your mind and do something else.  Wish we were cruising in four days!

On 1/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, lyrehc0521 said:

1. Internet - My daughter is going on this cruise with me and she needs internet to stay in touch with her boyfriend.  I don't need it, but would like it.  It says there is a savings if I pre-buy it now instead of onboard.  It looks like the cheapest package for one device is around $76, around $263 for two (which makes no sense).  Last year we sailed with Carnival and the rate was much cheaper and we purchased the plan onboard.  Do these prices sound right?  Is RCC more expensive than Carnival?  Should I wait or pre-buy?

Today is likely the last day you can buy - you'll be locked out of the planner after. Get a one device package now - it will be more on board.

Edited by Biker19