Did Breeze get rid of Tandoor?

KarimaJ

We didn't really see anything on the buffet either unfortunately.  We weren't there for every meal so they may have snuck some in but we hit most lunches and dinners on the formal nights.  They did have a vegetarian indian option in the dining room every evening I believe.

Tandoor on Breeze and Magic were always busy at lunchtime on our cruises.  It was especially popular with the international travelers, but lots of other people, like me always went there at least once or twice during week.  

They still have the Indian vegetarian option at dinner, but I have found it to be rather bland.  Sad.

8 hours ago, KarimaJ said:

Will they make you some Indian food if you request ahead? I have done this on RC before in the dining room. This is our first Carnival cruise and we were so looking forward to Tandoor.

They will make you Indian meals in the main dining room.  If you ask at the desk in front of the MDR, they will get you the menu.  My DH ordered it one night on the Miracle and he said it was very good.  You can order with or without meat.  

• 2 months later...

My introduction to Indian food was during our first sailing on Carnival. We were on Liberty in 2011 and sat at a table for 2 that was next to an Indian couple from Toronto who were on their first cruise. We quickly got acquainted. They both ordered the Indian food. When the waiter brought their orders, he presented all these large plates of wonderful smelling food that seemed much more than anyone could eat! When I commented on how good it smelled, Karan offered to share hers with me because it was more than she could eat. I accepted and was instantly hooked! The next night, I ordered my own. Since then, I have enjoyed Indian food in various MDR's on both Carnival and Holland America ships.

Daily lunch at Tandoor on the Splendor was wonderful! I hope it is not going away. 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, geovet said:

I have ordered non vegan Indian food by request as special order one day ahead.

Glad to hear this. Especially since there are usually a lot of Indian employees on board, the Indian cruise ship food is usually pretty good.

Well we cruised in Feb and sorry to say Tandoor is indeed gone, we were very disappointed. Not there is no Indian food at all except a veg option at dinnertime. Nothing on the small buffet either. You could request a special meal in the dining room the night before but that’s it.