Are Holland America's Excursions refundable before sailing?

EngSet

Quick question- Are Holland America's excursions refundable if you book and then had to cancel for some reason before the cruise cancellation/final payment date window? IE Have a sailing booked for late summer and would like to go ahead and book some HAL EXC excursions, for that matter, would like to book dining in specialty restaurants and spa treatements as well. Unsure as to whether or not these would be refundable if we had to cancel the booking for some reason before final payment date. (I am assuming that to book the excursions now, one has to pay in full--the same with specialty dining.)

Thanks! 🙂

-EngSet

Check the fine print, but I think you can get them refunded up to 3 days prior to sail date.  The exception to that may be the Private tours, they're all nonrefundable at least once you get on the ship.  I did book some private tours, and cancelled them way ahead of time.  Once on the ship, the EXC tours should have a deadline to cancel either on the ticket or brochure.

We book EXC early, then change our minds later, because the tours have  been known to go up in price.

Knittinggirl is right if you are still sailing - it's up to 3 days before.

IF you have to cancel your cruise, then everything is refunded to the credit card you used to purchase them.

Go ahead and book without worries.  Hope you don't have to cancel, but if you do, you should be credited back.

Thanks, Kazu and Knittinggirl- Appreciate your help. When logged into my HAL account and looking at excursions, could not find the policy re: cancelling.

Hope to go...but, always like to know the terms when I am reserving or purchasing. 

Thanks again :-)

Anything and everything you purchase ahead of your cruise will be refunded to your credit card if cancelled 3 days before the cruise without any penalties.  

BUT -- once on the ship if you decide to cancel any shore excursion or specialty restaurant on embarkation day -- no penalties!!  We have done this many times.  NOW -- you will only get shipboard credit for anything you cancel on embarkation day.  

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Anything and everything you purchase ahead of your cruise will be refunded to your credit card if cancelled 3 days before the cruise without any penalties.  

BUT -- once on the ship if you decide to cancel any shore excursion or specialty restaurant on embarkation day -- no penalties!!  We have done this many times.  NOW -- you will only get shipboard credit for anything you cancel on embarkation day.  

Thanks, Krazy Kruizers- Good to know 🙂

Check the deadline for booking tours onboard. If you cancel a tour before the booking deadline, they refund the tour. There may be a penalty if you do this after the first day but before the booking deadline. I cancelled an afternoon tour on the morning of the tour last year because I was sick. I didn't expect a refund, but if there was a waiting list, at least I could make another passenger happy. I was surprised to see a refund on my account because they did sell my spot on the tour.