PARKING AT THE PIER

silkhair1

12 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Hotels that offer parking while you cruise?

Are you asking? If not, do you have specifics? You have a hotel that will let you park for the week for $70? Does that include the stay and shuttle to the port?

51 minutes ago, dsotm73 said:

Are you asking? If not, do you have specifics? You have a hotel that will let you park for the week for $70? Does that include the stay and shuttle to the port?

A quick Google search shows a whole slew of hotels that allow free parking while on a cruise if you stay there. No, that doesn't include the stay. I am not sure about shuttle, we never use hotel shuttles. We prefer Uber. 

I switched from leaving out of New Orleans to Galveston so I admit I’m not up to date on their prices. 

Out of of curiosity I went to their site and now they charge different rates for different times of year. 

Christmas time is $16.50

Jan-May is $15

i checked August and it is $10

So, I guess it depends on when you go. 

On 1/6/2019 at 5:49 PM, OCruisers said:

Depents on your embarkation port.  

If it's Florida, all you have to do in advance to park at the cruise terminal parking area is show up.  

You pay when you leave.  

Jacksonville, FL - you pay as you enter.

galveston, just stay at gaidos. one night at the hotel you can park there for the duration of the cruise. we are leaving out the 19th, and its way cheaper then paying for 14 days of parking. plus, its nice to be in port a day early just to cover bases.

50 minutes ago, dmetcalfwoo said:

Any suggestions on which parking area for the Tampa port?  I'm looking in particularly at "The Parking Doctors" and "717".  Being Canadian and a first time Carnival Cruiser, I would appreciate any information.  

We used to look at the various parking vendors outside the port too.  But honestly, after the cruise when it is mobbed with people trying to get the parking shuttles back to the offsite lots, it was a mad house and we had to drag our luggage and wait for a long time.

Now, we just prepay for the actual Port of Tampa parking.  It is so much easier!  Maybe a few dollars more, but well worth it for time savings, especially at the end of the cruise.

• Like 2