Is there an unlimited internet package?

fluffybunny22

You guys are so much easier to talk to than the princess website that I can't seem to access. I will be traveling with a teenager who pretty much shows up and goes where ever he is told but I know he'll be much happier if he has streaming quality internet. I know it's probably stupid expensive but apparently 11 nights is too long to ask a teen to forsake youtube. TIA.

29 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

You guys are so much easier to talk to than the princess website that I can't seem to access. I will be traveling with a teenager who pretty much shows up and goes where ever he is told but I know he'll be much happier if he has streaming quality internet. I know it's probably stupid expensive but apparently 11 nights is too long to ask a teen to forsake youtube. TIA.

If you look in your booking in the personalizer on the Princess website any unlimited option would be listed/offered there. You will need to access it eventually.

What ship are yo on?

The Sky in June 2020. I've spent the whole weekend comparing and booking then canceling cruises so I may be confused but I think there isn't anything loading in the cruise planner. It's 11 night if that matters. I've got a good feeling about this one. The NCL one we looked at left me with a bad feeling.

15 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

The Sky in June 2020. I've spent the whole weekend comparing and booking then canceling cruises so I may be confused but I think there isn't anything loading in the cruise planner. It's 11 night if that matters. I've got a good feeling about this one. The NCL one we looked at left me with a bad feeling.

If you have a current booking...... in the personalizer look under onboard reservations.

Internet options to purchase would be there.

If no unlimited is available to purchase pre cruise check when you board for what might be available.

It's usually $9.99 per day at the full price currently on most cruises.

its a long time for the Sky in 2020 and the ship is not built/finished yet. (won't be until October 2019)

Many things could change by the time you sail.

Oddly - there is not an easy answer. Some ships currently have it and some do not.

One would think a brand new ship would have it when it sails. 

I do recommend looking in the Cruise Personalizer as someone mentioned but it may not be there yet. Hopefully all Princess ships will have it by then and hopefully your son will have other interests by then 🙂 .

Edited by Coral

On the Regal Princess in November last year DW and I had an unlimited minutes package for up to 4 devices.  The first day service was "off-and-on". From day two onward service was always available. Our total cost was $59.99.  As others have mentioned there is wide variation in packages, costs, and sometimes service levels from ship to ship and location to location!

Whitetrike

12 minutes ago, Whitetrike said:

On the Regal Princess in November last year DW and I had an unlimited minutes package for up to 4 devices.  The first day service was "off-and-on". From day two onward service was always available. Our total cost was $59.99.  As others have mentioned there is wide variation in packages, costs, and sometimes service levels from ship to ship and location to location!

Whitetrike

I don't want to tip anyone off at Princess but that price is ridiculously low. I've paid hundreds of dollars for a week and was expecting to pay that again. I just think happy thoughts and hope it's that cheap and that the Sky has really good internet because she'll be new.

There's an excellent probability that the Sky will have the new high speed unlimited internet. I can't imagine that Princess will build new ships with the old technology. However, you will have to wait until the ship is sailing to find out the packages and costs. You have plenty of time.

Just got off the Regal (Princess' second newest ship at this time) yesterday. We got the unlimited when we boarded. It was an embarkation day special of 9.99 a day for one device. There was also an added 25% off that day only for Platinum/Elites. We ended up up paying less than $100 for the two week cruise. It would have been $70 per week for non elite/plats. Was well worth it as my son needed it for university work. When one person goes on, they can kick the other person off on the one device plan. I took advantage of the fact that I was always awake a good 3 hrs before my two kids were and so used it during those times. Three of us were able to successfully use the one device plan. Other than a half day where the server was down, it worked great. 

Edited by h-sar