July 2018 on The Anthem - Looking for Port Tips

kmeeker

Hi Everyone -

We are getting excited for our July cruise on the Anthem. We are going to 4 ports (Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and St. Marteens) and would love some tips for things to do without booking an excursion. We have been to Bermuda before and are comfortable finding our way around there, but have never been to any of the other 3 ports. 

Also, any tips specifically to the Anthem? Just my husband and I....like to be active, but not necessarily huge drinkers; not against it and will have a drink or two, but not the center of our trip. 

Hit me with the best tips you have especially for excursion free ports....

Thanks! I've looked there and read, but I often find the RC crew has some great tips specifically and of course about the Anthem too. :-) Appreciate the suggestion...and will keep checking there in coming months. 

2 hours ago, kmeeker said:

Hi Everyone -

We are getting excited for our July cruise on the Anthem. We are going to 4 ports (Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and St. Marteens) and would love some tips for things to do without booking an excursion. We have been to Bermuda before and are comfortable finding our way around there, but have never been to any of the other 3 ports. 

Also, any tips specifically to the Anthem? Just my husband and I....like to be active, but not necessarily huge drinkers; not against it and will have a drink or two, but not the center of our trip. 

In St Maarten, take a ride to Maho Beach.  Cool experience next to the airport

2 hours ago, kmeeker said:

Hi Everyone -

In Puerto  Rico, Ijust love walking around Old San Juan,  Go visit the forts. I think it was like $7 to get in to both of them.

Labadee is a beach day. Find a seat at columbus cove. I would recommend doing the dragon coaster. The zipline to me is overpriced. And I didnt think it was that good.  

On Anthem As soon as you walk on uses the tablets  right in front of you to book ifly, escape room and northstar if you like.

Did that 9 Day cruise last July and absolutely loved it. 

In st marten there is a ATV tour through splash n sun that is awesome. We have taken it 3 times. Taz the guide is so fun. U will travel the whole island and go to the top of the mountain. So fun. They pick u up right at exit st terminal. They drive u 2 min away to the ATV. And had us right back in time. Highly recommend   

Tell them the  tattoo people sent u. Lol

594239B3-AB28-4F03-8543-CED308C84A11.jpeg

F63F96CD-C641-4DD8-AC19-989C23C33960.jpeg

Edited by renza

23 hours ago, kmeeker said:

We are getting excited for our July cruise on the Anthem. We are going to 4 ports (Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and St. Marteens) and would love some tips for things to do without booking an excursion.

The ship has discount tickets for the ferry on St. Maarten. $1 off each (I think) $12/person day pass. Aside from being an easy way to get to and from the main shopping area and beach, the rides themselves are a lot of fun. While you are in the shopping area, be sure to visit the Gauvaberry Rum store. There is also a smaller version of that close to the pier.

St. Maarten is my favorite port - beautiful beaches, warm, clear water, and stunning views. Enjoy!

23 hours ago, kmeeker said:

Hi Everyone -

We are getting excited for our July cruise on the Anthem. We are going to 4 ports (

Bermuda,  You know the score.

Puerto Rico, Docked at Old San Juan, great place to get off and walk through the town. Great forts to visit and places to get a snack or a drink.

Haiti, A fun day in the sun and on the beach.  Some local crafts as well

St. Marteen  If you plan on doing any shopping this is the place to do it. Water taxi to town and walk around window shopping and relaxing. 

16 hours ago, motherof said:

The ship has discount tickets for the ferry on St. Maarten. $1 off each (I think) $12/person day pass. Aside from being an easy way to get to and from the main shopping area and beach, the rides themselves are a lot of fun. 

WOW.. $12..??  When we were there before the hurricane it was only $5 for the wristband and that was good for the entire day.

The ship offered NO discounts as well.

And YES it is a refreshing ride almost a mini excursion.. LO.L

Last time we were in PR was about 10 years ago. We caught a bus tour (no reservations needed) right outside of the pier, and it was very reasonably priced. The tour guide/driver spoke great English, and she took us all over the island. It was great! We loved it, especially since any previous time we'd been there, we just walked around the old city... in the rain. 😞