Steakhouse question

Tigergenesis

On 1/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, bbtbear said:

FYI, you can also order some of the steakhouse entrees in the main dining room for $20. You don't get the bells and whistles available in the steakhouse with their appetizers, etc., but it also costs half as much as going to the steakhouse. Here are the options: 

1-1/2 pound Maine lobster, 9 ounce filet mignon, 14 ounce New York strip steak, and surf and turf (broiled Maine lobster tail and filet mignon).

Sounds great !!! Do we order this in the  main dining room ??? 

2 minutes ago, CruznisMagic said:

Sounds great !!! Do we order this in the  main dining room ??? 

Just a point of clarification, these "steakhouse selections" while better than MDR level, are not quite the same level as what you get in the steakhouse.

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just a point of clarification, these "steakhouse selections" while better than MDR level, are not quite the same level as what you get in the steakhouse.

The MDR does not have the super hot broilers the Steakhouse uses to get that delicious char.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

If I'm not mistaken that's the old menu... I believe the new one has been rolled out fleet-wide by now (but if I'm wrong I KNOW someone here will correct me!)

You are correct it is the old menu.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tja273 said:

Totally worth the cost. The wagyu steak was "melt in your mouth" tender and delicious.

I am normally a filet girl what cut is the Wagyu?   Is it better than the filet?   Sometimes we need to try new things.

Also I like my meat rare but not blue rare. On land at a steak house I order med rare at a non steak house restaurant I order it rare. What do you recommend.  

WAGYU - a Japanese beef cattle breed – derive from native Asian cattle. 'WAGYU' refers to all Japanese beef cattle, where 'Wa' means Japanese and 'gyu' means cow.

Carnival uses a hanger type of steak, in my opinion, not the best cut of meat. Carnival is using American Wagyu as Japanese is $100's a pound. Generally a Filet, Ribeye, or N.Y. would be more tender.

• Like 1

The filet at the steakhouse is HUGE, I bet 4" tall, and tender.  All the apps and desserts are fantastic also.  My DH got the ribeye last cruise and was a bit disappointed that is was rather fatty.  Good flavor but fatty.