photo package changes

RSF Cruiser

On 1/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, RSF Cruiser said:

On a related note, I took ukulele lessons on board, and the photographers took a picture of the ukulele players at the show. That photo was $25, and I was told it's because it had people in it who had not purchased the package. Well, for $25, I decided the photos taken with personal cameras would do...

So does that mean any picture like formal night with the Captain or an Officer is excluded as well? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Terms and conditions, direct from Princess, attached! Looks like this is official across the fleet, just as OP reported. Disappointing that yet another thing that set Princess apart (for me) has fallen by the wayside...

Photo Inclusive Terms & Conditions 2.pdf

Interesting first condition:  

This promotion applies to the package purchaser and only photographs of themselves, anyone traveling on the same booking number or anyone verified staying in the same cabin.

One could take it to mean that it applies when that individual(s) is in the picture.  It states "photograph of themselves, etc."  I don't see where it states that others cannot be in same picture.  I guess it's a stretch but by saying "only photographs of themselves" it could mean that it has to include that person in the picture.. i.e., it is a picture of themselves.  It doesn't say that the only subject in the picture has to be the purchaser, etc.  So a picture with the dressed up Princess member and cabin occupant is excluded from the package since they aren't in the same cabin?   So like the shots leaving the ship with dressed up crew?  Or maybe a shot with a waiter?   Or someone is in the background?  

Sorry, I read it that someone from the cabin has to be in the picture, not that ONLY people from the cabin are allowed to be in the picture.  I wish I had a copy or the earlier conditions.  We had a package a few years back, and like others have commented, as long as my wife or I was in the picture, it was included.  We did get a few pictures with another couple that was traveling with us along with my wife or me in the picture.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

Interesting first condition:  

This promotion applies to the package purchaser and only photographs of themselves, anyone traveling on the same booking number or anyone verified staying in the same cabin.

One could take it to mean that it applies when that individual(s) is in the picture.  It states "photograph of themselves, etc."  I don't see where it states that others cannot be in same picture.  I guess it's a stretch but by saying "only photographs of themselves" it could mean that it has to include that person in the picture.. i.e., it is a picture of themselves.  It doesn't say that the only subject in the picture has to be the purchaser, etc.  So a picture with the dressed up Princess member and cabin occupant is excluded from the package since they aren't in the same cabin?   So like the shots leaving the ship with dressed up crew?  Or maybe a shot with a waiter?   Or someone is in the background?  

Sorry, I read it that someone from the cabin has to be in the picture, not that ONLY people from the cabin are allowed to be in the picture.  I wish I had a copy or the earlier conditions.  We had a package a few years back, and like others have commented, as long as my wife or I was in the picture, it was included.  We did get a few pictures with another couple that was traveling with us along with my wife or me in the picture.

I've purchased the package on almost every cruise of 7 days or more and, while I can't remember the exact terms, I'm pretty sure there was nothing as explicit (or vague?) as this in there. I have always been able to get any pictures that my mom was in, providing that myself or kids were also in it. It seems that Princess is now using the term quoted above to restrict included photographs to those that ONLY have members of the cabin in them - though, as has been pointed out, what about the snaps you take with crew members or photography mascots?

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I've purchased the package on almost every cruise of 7 days or more and, while I can't remember the exact terms, I'm pretty sure there was nothing as explicit (or vague?) as this in there. I have always been able to get any pictures that my mom was in, providing that myself or kids were also in it. It seems that Princess is now using the term quoted above to restrict included photographs to those that ONLY have members of the cabin in them - though, as has been pointed out, what about the snaps you take with crew members or photography mascots?

In 2017 I requested the Terms & Conditions, and was able to get any photo as long as it contained myself or the other person in the cabin, even if their were others in the photo.  

It appears the terms have not really changed, only the interpretation by the photographers, as this was the what was emailed to me in mid 2017:-

The All Inclusive Photo Package entitles the purchaser to one print of every photograph taken during regularly scheduled times. Guests should check the Princess Patter and Photography Guide for shoot times and other details. 

Digital files are included for every print received with this package. Guests will receive a free flash drive that will hold the digital copies of their photos. This promotion applies to the package purchaser and only photographs of themselves, anyone traveling on the same booking number or anyone verified staying in the same cabin. The $249 All Inclusive package entitles the purchaser to one print of every photograph taken during regularly scheduled times. Guests should check the Princess Patter and Photography Guide for shoot times and other details. All prints must be taken to sales desk to be processed by Photo-Video Staff for accounting purposes. All requested reproductions regardless of size (10x8 maximum) are an additional $10 per print. Both 8x10 and 8x6 photos are available with this package. Digital files are included for every print received with this package. Guests will receive a free flash drive that will hold the digital copies of their photos. The package offer applies to photographs taken during this voyage only. Guests sailing on back to back or multiple voyages are required to purchase a $49 package on each embarkation day. Once any prints or digital have been taken from the Photo-Video Gallery no refunds will be accepted.

Edited by Fosters1951

10 hours ago, Fosters1951 said:

In 2017 I requested the Terms & Conditions, and was able to get any photo as long as it contained myself or the other person in the cabin, even if their were others in the photo.  

It appears the terms have not really changed, only the interpretation by the photographers, as this was the what was emailed to me in mid 2017:-

The All Inclusive Photo Package entitles the purchaser to one print of every photograph taken during regularly scheduled times. Guests should check the Princess Patter and Photography Guide for shoot times and other details. 

Digital files are included for every print received with this package. Guests will receive a free flash drive that will hold the digital copies of their photos. This promotion applies to the package purchaser and only photographs of themselves, anyone traveling on the same booking number or anyone verified staying in the same cabin. The $249 All Inclusive package entitles the purchaser to one print of every photograph taken during regularly scheduled times. Guests should check the Princess Patter and Photography Guide for shoot times and other details. All prints must be taken to sales desk to be processed by Photo-Video Staff for accounting purposes. All requested reproductions regardless of size (10x8 maximum) are an additional $10 per print. Both 8x10 and 8x6 photos are available with this package. Digital files are included for every print received with this package. Guests will receive a free flash drive that will hold the digital copies of their photos. The package offer applies to photographs taken during this voyage only. Guests sailing on back to back or multiple voyages are required to purchase a $49 package on each embarkation day. Once any prints or digital have been taken from the Photo-Video Gallery no refunds will be accepted.

Interesting.  Doesn't seem like restrictions changed any.  I wonder if someone is just trying a "rogue" interpretation?  I don't know why, unless there is some commission thing going on.  I'm more challenging than most, so I know if it were me, I'd be going as far up the line that I could on the ship if they tried to exclude pictures that had my face and another non-occupant from the package.  It wouldn't wreck my cruise, but I would take up the challenge.

Edited by Redwing55

2 hours ago, friend of Eeyore said:

Odd. I travelled with someone on the Pacific last month. They had gotten the photo package, and were able to get several photos taken of themselves and people in other cabins. Print and digital copies.

I'm still thinking (hoping) that this is just a bad interpretation of the policies by the current photography crew on Grand. There have been no similar reports from other ships and I would imagine that is this change were rolling out fleetwide we would have heard about it!

Hmmmm, now I’m confused after all that was said and written. 

I will be travelling alone on a 22 day cruise of the Mediterranean this fall. I fully anticipated getting the photo package but now I’m not so sure. The first question I want to ask is are these all posed photographs or are there candid shots in there as well?

Are the photographers situated so it’s like Disneyesque or do I go look for them?

I hate to have to think I’ll be the only one in 22 days worth of photographs. I like to do things “off the cuff” so this might suck. 

Glenn

16 hours ago, Grburkart said:

Hmmmm, now I’m confused after all that was said and written. 

I will be travelling alone on a 22 day cruise of the Mediterranean this fall. I fully anticipated getting the photo package but now I’m not so sure. The first question I want to ask is are these all posed photographs or are there candid shots in there as well?

Are the photographers situated so it’s like Disneyesque or do I go look for them?

I hate to have to think I’ll be the only one in 22 days worth of photographs. I like to do things “off the cuff” so this might suck. 

Glenn

There are both posed and candid shots. Most evenings the photographers have at least one photo station set up with some kind of canvas background. On formal nights there are multiple backgrounds in different areas of the Piazza. Then, for every port, there is a photo taken as you exit the ship. The props vary depending on the port. There often are candid shots on deck, too. We most recently left from San Francisco, so photographers were on deck as we approached and went under the Golden Gate Bridge. On our last cruise to Alaska, the photographers took candid shots while we were at Glacier Bay and also as we entered or left several of the ports. All of these photographs were included in the package. On our Panama Canal Cruise the photography staff was set up on the Promenade deck at sunset for some beautiful sunset shots. The types of photos does seem to vary by ship, as maybe the interpretation of what photos are included in the all inclusive photo package...

16 hours ago, Grburkart said:

• Like 2

We were on the Grand in Sept and had prepaid the photo package.  

We didn't run into any of the problems you've described, but it could have been that there were 4 of us sharing a suite.  We did get what we considered some weird questions when we first starting grabbing our pictures, but once it was established that we were ALL in the same room, the queries stopped.  

I can see where this is a matter of interpretation.  Someone (probably the photo manager) has decided they will implement their interpretation.  It's going to take a LOT of complaining to corp to get this straightened out!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, RSF Cruiser said:

There are both posed and candid shots. Most evenings the photographers have at least one photo station set up with some kind of canvas background. On formal nights there are multiple backgrounds in different areas of the Piazza. Then, for every port, there is a photo taken as you exit the ship. The props vary depending on the port. There often are candid shots on deck, too. We most recently left from San Francisco, so photographers were on deck as we approached and went under the Golden Gate Bridge. On our last cruise to Alaska, the photographers took candid shots while we were at Glacier Bay and also as we entered or left several of the ports. All of these photographs were included in the package. On our Panama Canal Cruise the photography staff was set up on the Promenade deck at sunset for some beautiful sunset shots. The types of photos does seem to vary by ship, as maybe the interpretation of what photos are included in the all inclusive photo package...

Thank you for addressing my concern!  I purchased the photo package for our Regal cruise next month with our granddaughters (in our stateroom.)  After reading about so many challenges, I wanted to be certain that the photos taken on the gangway at each port were included.  We plan to get family photos done, plus photos of the girls then individual ones of each of them and all of that sounds good based on your experience.