Hydro Pool on Oosterdam

beaming90

You can find pictures on the hal facts site. It's warm, it bubbles, you can lie on a sort of pipe bed (looks uncomfortable but is great), walk in it (I cured mild sciatica walking in a HAL hydropool). There are jets along the side to massage your legs. 

You have to buy a pass to the "thermal suite" which includes the hydropool, use of ceramic heated loungers (VERY comfortable, despite being a hard surface), sauna. 

• Like 1

I was just quoted $599 for 17 days on the Eurodam. I think we paid $499 for 12 days last time on the Zuiderdam. The private sauna and steam rooms have been hit and miss (sometimes too cold or too hot) but we still think it’s worth it for just “bubbler” and “warming trays” — I failed to learn the proper names my first cruise so my nicknames stuck. We easily spends two to four hours a day using the facilities or just hanging out in the private lounge reading or chatting with other spa members.

It’s definitely not worth it to most people, but it’s our favorite part of the cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, faerievert said:

I was just quoted $599 for 17 days on the Eurodam. I think we paid $499 for 12 days last time on the Zuiderdam. The private sauna and steam rooms have been hit and miss (sometimes too cold or too hot) but we still think it’s worth it for just “bubbler” and “warming trays” — I failed to learn the proper names my first cruise so my nicknames stuck. We easily spends two to four hours a day using the facilities or just hanging out in the private lounge reading or chatting with other spa members.

It’s definitely not worth it to most people, but it’s our favorite part of the cruise!

Warming trays! Now I'll laugh every time I relax on one.

Sounds like prices have gone up since we sailed last winter. 

The last few cruises I have been on, I was able to purchase a one day pass for the Hydro Pool, Thermal Spa and Sauna on a sea day.  I think it was around $45 and they offer it once they have sailed if they didn't sell too many week long passes I think.  I personally love the Hydro Pool it soothes tired, sore muscles!

3 hours ago, sprockie said:

Does the price get prorated and decrease over the course of the cruise eg. If I was to get a pass on our 3rd day in of 7?

I don’t think they sell the full passes after the first day. There’s a limited number available. My understanding is if they don’t sell out, they make day passes easier to buy. If they sell their target of full passes, day passes may not become available at all. They do try to keep it from overcrowding by restricting sales.

No, it's only available on board. One of my first stops after boarding is the spa. I think the earliest we ever were, we were third on the list. 

Unless you're interested in massages, facials, or seaweed wraps, decline the tour (aka sales pitch) and say you just want the thermal suite pass.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Check it out before purchasing. IMO, after our experience on Zuiderdam last week it is a waste of money. The pool was kept too hot to get in and the stone loungers are in a room that is too noisy and cold.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, beaming90 said:

Can I buy the week pass before the sailing?  I would hate for them to sell out.

You can buy from Ship Services before your cruise.  Be aware that it will cost less if you wait until you are onboard normally.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 10:39 PM, faerievert said:

it’s our favorite part of the cruise!

One of our favorite parts too, Faerievert...especially on the smaller ships where, i believe it is limited to  25 couples? ...dont quote me on that.. but  i am in love with the spa package. The mineral pool and the thermal beds are so relaxing and a great way to connect with other passengers that you dont get to meet at dinner or lunch or on an excursion. As a matter of fact, we often run into the same couples who are on our same spa schedule and have made friends. 

Good luck Beaming90! If you like spas, you will enjoy the experience i think. Happy Sailing. 

p.s. this is the Ms Rotterdam

image.thumb.png.ba0c6f6d4042d390c27880df8f004403.png

image.png

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 1

This is the hydropool on NA. This is what it is like on O-dam as well. On the older ships like R-dam (as seen in the post above), it is just more like a large hot tub. 

On NA last week it was $246 for a couple for 7 nights. Strange price. 

00D5FB37-7443-4953-A478-C3CF1025FAEF.jpeg

Edited by djhsolara
  • Like 1

So here is a silly question, does it smell really cloriney in there, enough that after a few minutes your eyes burn?  And will it fade my swimsuit?  Not that important but it may save me from buying a new one...

14 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

So here is a silly question, does it smell really cloriney in there, enough that after a few minutes your eyes burn?  And will it fade my swimsuit?  Not that important but it may save me from buying a new one...

I believe HAL uses Bromine in at least the therapy pool.  No chlorine smell that I remember

• Like 1