"party/wild scene" on ships - is it real?

arinie17

Ah, the good ol days.  We took a three night cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Carnivale in 1986 - Carnival's second ship.  It was a different time on cruise ships.  There were the drinking contests, the fruit in your swimsuit contest (although on our cruise at least just for women contestants), the lingerie show where men wore their wife's or girlfriend's lingerie, and some of the other things still done. The lingerie show turned X rated rather quickly - the fruit stuffing was only R rated - why that woman was willing to pack in a pineapple to win was hard to figure.  In the dining room, the head waiters competed to see who could have the flames on the desserts shoot the highest.  The drinks were cheap and plentiful all around.  You had to be there.

Edited by SnorkelAway
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, readytolose said:

We took our kids on the Liberty back in 2009.There definitely was a topless sundeck at that time because I accidentally found it with my 12 year old son. There was a sign at the bottom of the steps before heading up that it was the St. Tropez sundeck but my naive self had no idea what that meant so up we went. Once we got up there I realized what it was and just turned around and went back down. I’m guessing my son noticed what was up there but he never brought it up and neither did I 😊 

I haven’t seen a St Tropez area on any of our cruises since then. 

My cousin was about 10 years old and in Europe with my parents in the summer.  My Dad was over for an extended work trip.  My two aunts (one is the mother of my cousin) came over at the end for a couple of weeks.

They were on the ferry across Lake Geneve, and my Dad and cousin were standing at the rail overlooking the topless ladies sunbathing.   My aunt (mother of my cousin) came over to talk about something and noticed the topless women.  She exclaimed, "Those women are TOPLESS."

My 10 year old cousin, turns, looks up are her and calmly stated, "We noticed."  😄

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I can confirm what has already been said over and over here.  As for topless, some have done it on upper decks, but it is usually very windy and uncomfortable to be there.  There are always people exploring the ship ("legit" or not), so that is probably another reason women would probably not be topless.

As for nude or clothing optional, those days on America sailings are over, except for charter/takeover cruises. Whether the reason be society's snowflakes that get butt-hurt about everything or the fact that many of the popular water slides are elevated to a point where kids and other could easily see those deck areas - who knows?  You might find topless on European sailings here and there.  AIDA is a German cruise line which still has a C/O sundeck.  Note: Much of the information regarding C/O resorts and destinations you may find is out of date.  Do not go by the thing you find on the internet.

I have heard the Quest show on some cruises has gotten a bit out of hand (ie: fun).  But as others have said, that is clearly denoted as 'adult' in the Cruise Compass. It is a blast and not to be missed!

Sorry for good news or bad news.  Depends on your point of view 😉

Peace,

~Bob and Joelie~

Edited by Duddy

On a recent stop in Cannes France my 18 year old son chose to go to a beach with some cruise friends. My wife and I drove down to Monaco. When we all got back on the ship my son mentioned there were women topless on the beach. He said to me that considering the age of the women that were topless they should have kept their tops on. LOL

6 hours ago, Ken Greco said:

On a recent stop in Cannes France my 18 year old son chose to go to a beach with some cruise friends. My wife and I drove down to Monaco. When we all got back on the ship my son mentioned there were women topless on the beach. He said to me that considering the age of the women that were topless they should have kept their tops on. LOL

First time I went to Rio, and walked the beach, EVERY woman wore a string bikini.  That is some string and 3 SMALL triangles of cloth.  And MANY of them should NOT have worn this.

Also, almost every man wore a small speedo type suit.  Again, MANY should not have done so.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, arinie17 said:

However, I just had lunch with a co-worker who was telling me stories about crazy pool parties/contests where people are stuffing items in their swimsuit or that there is a nude deck.

Anyone know if this is real?  Do these things happen?  Is there a nude deck? 

If it IS true, I want to find it!