Link to Luminae menus

cangelmd

I have done half a dozen searches using every combo of terms I could think of, but I cannot find a live review or any other posting that shows or has a link to Luminae menus.

Does anyone have one? If someone knows they did a live review and posted snapshots of at least some of the daily menus, that would fine???

I did find Vtcruising's single picture of one Lumine menu from EDGE, but I'm looking for at least 3-4 days.

My Celebrity app only shows the Luminae menu for the 1st 3 days of my up coming cruise on the Edge. Maybe it is to much work for Celebrity's IT department to do all 7 nights.

I just looked at Cyprus Restaurant 1st night dinner menu. It looks so much better than the Luminae menu.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

2 hours ago, George C said:

What we liked to do is stop each day in micheals for a drink and they have all the menus for specialty, luminae and mdr then decide.

Are you generally able to get into a specialty restaurant same day, if you don’t like Luminaes offering?

14 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Are you generally able to get into a specialty restaurant same day, if you don’t like Luminaes offering?

I had no problem getting a specialty that day on my cruise in March on summit , not sure if that is always the case, I understand blue is also a possible option. We were also able to order from mdr on luminae on summit. 

10 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

I am curious why it is important to see the menus before one gets onboard.😃

For me the answer is simple, on our Edge cruise in a week I have 3 specialty restaurants booked and today tweaked one of them based on the Luminae menu for the week.  Katie

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Husky61 said:

I am curious why it is important to see the menus before one gets onboard.😃

Pure curiosity for me. Next trip is our first time in Luminae, and I wondered how it differed from Blu.

as for reservations, we have made them right after boarding, but on our last trip, we knew someone whose reservation got lost in the chaos of that first day - they thought, since it was taken on a clipboard, something happened when it was entered into the computer. W had confirmed ours the next day.

we may well try checking the menus, and making different plans on the next trip

Whenever we sail celebrity we always have the Butler make our dinner reservations in the specialty restaurants.  Never but never have we ever had a problem with getting the times we want.  The other option for us is to have a drink in Michael's and review the menus there.  As mentioned in my earlier post, we rarely if ever eat in the MDR.😃

On 1/12/2019 at 10:58 PM, bigbenboys said:

My Celebrity app only shows the Luminae menu for the 1st 3 days of my up coming cruise on the Edge. Maybe it is to much work for Celebrity's IT department to do all 7 nights.

I just looked at Cyprus Restaurant 1st night dinner menu. It looks so much better than the Luminae menu.

Are you sure? I have a "show more" button in the app which allows me to see all seven days of Luminae menus, including breakfast and lunch when available.  My cruise is in April and we're in a Sky Suite, not sure if the app is intelligent enough to show the menus only when you're close(r) to the sail date, or only shows it if you're in a suite.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:06 PM, Oville said:

I compared your overview with the menu in the app and about 90% is the same. Here are screenshots of the lunch and dinner menus as I see them in the app of, in this order:

Day 1 Lunch

Luminae Edge - day 1 Lunch.jpg

Day 1 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 1 Dinner.jpg

Day 2 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 2 Dinner.jpg

Day 3 Lunch

Luminae Edge - day 3 Lunch.jpg

Day 3 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 3 Dinner.jpg

Day 4 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 4 Dinner.jpg

Day 5 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 5 Dinner.jpg

Day 6 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 6 Dinner.jpg

Day 7 Lunch

Luminae Edge - day 7 Lunch.jpg

Day 7 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 7 Dinner.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke
added days and meal type
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Are you sure? I have a "show more" button in the app which allows me to see all seven days of Luminae menus, including breakfast and lunch when available.  My cruise is in April and we're in a Sky Suite, not sure if the app is intelligent enough to show the menus only when you're close(r) to the sail date, or only shows it if you're in a suite.

I compared your overview with the menu in the app and about 90% is the same. Here are screenshots of the lunch and dinner menus as I see them in th app of, in this order:

Day 1 Lunch

Day 1 Dinner

Day 2 DinnerÌ

Day 3 Lunch

Day 3 Dinner

Day 4 Dinner

Day 5 Dinner

Day 6 Dinner

Day 7 Lunch

Day 7 Dinner

Luminae Edge - day 1 Lunch.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 1 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 2 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 3 Lunch.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 3 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 4 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 5 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 6 Dinner.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 7 Lunch.jpg

Luminae Edge - day 7 Dinner.jpg

Thanks so much [g]cruiserke. I checked again today and only menus for 3 days. Are you using the iphone app? I'm using the android app.

6 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Thanks so much [g]cruiserke. I checked again today and only menus for 3 days. Are you using the iphone app? I'm using the android app.

I'm also using an android phone.

Did you install the app a long time ago? We did our first Edge cruise two weeks ago and while onboard we noticed that my partner, who had only recently installed the app, saw completely different information in the daily planner than I did - I installed the app when it first came out a few months ago. After I removed and re-installed the app, we both saw the same (and latest) information.

Perhaps there's a similar problem with the menus and re-installing the app will sort your issue.

Edited by [g]cruiserke
typo and clarification
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

See my reply to Bigbenboys, if you installed the app a long time ago, perhaps that's the issue. 

No, I uninstalled are reinstalled a couple of days ago.  There was an issue with my xpress pass that was resolved.

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

No, I uninstalled are reinstalled a couple of days ago.  There was an issue with my xpress pass that was resolved.

Then I have no idea :classic_sad:. Perhaps when you get onboard and connect to the ship wifi, the app loads the latest information and I can see it now because my phone downloaded it when we were onboard last week.

Enjoy your cruise on the Edge, take good care of her for us, while we're on our three month extended shore excursion before we sail her again :classic_biggrin:.

Edited by [g]cruiserke

6 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Then I have no idea :classic_sad:. Perhaps when you get onboard and connect to the ship wifi, the app loads the latest information and I can see it now because my phone downloaded it when we were onboard last week.

Enjoy your cruise on the Edge, take good care of her for us, while we're on our three month extended shore excursion before we sail her again :classic_biggrin:.

Thanks, when are you on in April?

Edited by Oville

3 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thanks, when are you on in April.

April 14 on the Western Caribbean itinenerary, we did the Eastern route on the NYE cruise last week in an IV. We wanted to experience both the suite AND the peasant life on the Edge :classic_biggrin:

Edited by [g]cruiserke

22 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

April 14 on the Western Caribbean itinenerary, we did the Eastern route on the NYE cruise last week in an IV. We wanted to experience both the suite AND the peasant life on the Edge :classic_biggrin:

We did the same thing, in a S1 next Sunday and an AQ April 7.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

This must be why because I can only see the first 3 days. Does your app also show all the menus for Blu? I'm sailing in a suite this time and have never gotten to try Blu, if there's availability I would like to try a night or 2 if the menu looks good 🙏

3 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

This must be why because I can only see the first 3 days. Does your app also show all the menus for Blu? I'm sailing in a suite this time and have never gotten to try Blu, if there's availability I would like to try a night or 2 if the menu looks good 🙏

Yes, I do see menus for all seven days in Blu as well in the app.  I can make screenshots and post them here too later today. Bear in mind though that the order in which the menus are actually used may not be the same as the order in which they're shown in the app.  We had that issue once for one of the Main Dining Rooms, where the menu in the app differed from the one we were presented with in the MDR.