Freedom of the seas aft cabin soot

dmccadden

We were on liberty of the seas and our balcony had soot on it every day we were in the 2 bedroom aft cabin.  Does anyone know if the

ie happens on the freedom of the seas.  Our cabin would on deck 6 , last time we were on deck 9.  Thanks for any insight.

50 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

We were on liberty of the seas and our balcony had soot on it every day we were in the 2 bedroom aft cabin.  Does anyone know if the

ie happens on the freedom of the seas.  Our cabin would on deck 6 , last time we were on deck 9.  Thanks for any insight.

Had the same problem on Indy👎

I've had aft cabins on Explorer (deck 10) , Radiance (deck 7) and Enchantment (x2--decks 7 and 8 )and never had an issue.  I think it totally depends on conditions.  Currently have an aft booked on Freedom (deck 9) for a cruise next year and am looking forward to watching the wake again.  I figure if there's soot when I wake up in the morning, the steward will sweep it up/wipe the furniture.  But the views and huge balconies are totally worth the risk of some soot, at least in my opinion.   I am also doing my first NCL cruise this summer on the Pearl and have an Aft Penthouse suite on deck 9, hoping for some great space and views there too.  

Edited by rockmom

2 hours ago, dmccadden said:

Since your cruise has not happened there s no answer. You will find out when you are on the cruise, maybe yes, maybe no. 

We did a Transatlantic on Jewel in an aft cabin (9660) and never saw a speck of soot on our balcony in the two weeks we were on the ship.  We did find bits of food on our balcony a few times .... likely tossed or blown from the outdoor Windjammer seating area.    Have the same cabin booked for our Scandinavia/Russia cruise in May 2020. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by hancogran