Questions on BOA credit card

Hi,

Both my husband and I have the RCCL BOA CC. We have made the minimum purchases and have now qualify for the $150.00. We want to use it for our final payment.

Can we both use our $150.00 towards final payment?

Is it difficult to redeem the $150.00? I am using a TA is there a process that I need to follow?

Is there a lead time?

If I use it to prepay prior to final payment, and something happens and we cannot go will the money be refunded into my BOA account?

I do not need any additional OBC, I already have $350.00 for my next cruise.

Thank you

ML

22 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

Both my husband and I have the RCCL BOA CC. We have made the minimum purchases and have now qualify for the $150.00. We want to use it for our final payment. YOU BOTH HAVE AN ACCOUNT? SEPARATE ACCOUNT NUMBERS?

Can we both use our $150.00 towards final payment? IF YOU HAVE 2 SEPARATE ACCOUNTS, THEN YOU CAN CALL AND APPLY THE 2 DIFFERENT CREDITS ONE AT A TIME.

Is it difficult to redeem the $150.00? I am using a TA is there a process that I need to follow? TA'S MIGHT NOT ACCEPT THE CREDIT AS FINAL PAYMENT. CALL RCCL DIRECTLY TO APPLY PAYMENT.

Is there a lead time? MOST LIKELY BY FINAL DUE DATE. 

If I use it to prepay prior to final payment, and something happens and we cannot go will the money be refunded into my BOA account? SINCE IT'S A CREDIT, YOU MAY NOT GET IT BACK. 

Thank you

ML

36 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

Both my husband and I have the RCCL BOA CC. We have made the minimum purchases and have now qualify for the $150.00. We want to use it for our final payment.

Is it difficult to redeem the $150.00? I am using a TA is there a process that I need to follow? The credit will go directly to Royal Caribbean. Your TA will see that the balance has been reduced and will only charge you what you owe after the Visa discount.

Is there a lead time? Depending on the billing cycle for the credit card, I usually allow 2 weeks prior to final payment. My TA has always been able to see the credit.

If I use it to prepay prior to final payment, and something happens and we cannot go will the money be refunded into my BOA account? Once you have converted the points to reduce your payment, the points have become cash. No matter where the cash comes from, it will be refundable if you have to cancel.

Thank you

ML

This has been my experience.

1 hour ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

Is it difficult to redeem the $150.00? I am using a TA is there a process that I need to follow?

Is there a lead time?

If I use it to prepay prior to final payment, and something happens and we cannot go will the money be refunded into my BOA account?

Thank you

ML

Your points will never go back to your B of A account.  If you redeem points for OBC, you can move that to another booking if you do that before the first booking is cancelled.  If you redeem for a discount, they may be lost.  I once redeemed points for a $500 discount for a balcony stateroom.  I wanted to upgrade to a JS on that same sailing.  They would not take into account the $500 discount.  They said that the discount from Visa Points redemption is a one time modification of cruise fare and cannot be used if ship, sailing date, or stateroom category is changed.

BTW< the OBC from the card is refundable.

So if you get OBC, and do not use it, it will be credited to the credit card you used for your onboard account.

As for making the payment, as I understand it, if you are booked through a TA, you MUST go through the TA.  Royal Carib will not do anything with your directly on the basic cruise booking.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

BTW< the OBC from the card is refundable.

So if you get OBC, and do not use it, it will be credited to the credit card you used for your onboard account.

As for making the payment, as I understand it, if you are booked through a TA, you MUST go through the TA.  Royal Carib will not do anything with your directly on the basic cruise booking.

Not the case, at least not for me. I always book through a TA and I always use my Visa points to reduce the cruise fare. The "payment" from the Visa points goes directly to RCI. My TA will then see a reduction in the amount owed.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

As for making the payment, as I understand it, if you are booked through a TA, you MUST go through the TA. ...

The TA is notified by Royal and has to approve the price reduction, but the redemption is done by the passenger.

Does anyone know, if you redeem points for OBC on a cruise that is six months out, will the OBC show up on your cruise planner so you can use it for booking items?  

I know Royal’s OBC shows up on the cruise planner to spend, but OBC from my TA typically does not show up until after boarding.   Just wondered which category it fell in. We usually redeem for free cruises.

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Does anyone know, if you redeem points for OBC on a cruise that is six months out, will the OBC show up on your cruise planner so you can use it for booking items?  

I know Royal’s OBC shows up on the cruise planner to spend, but OBC from my TA typically does not show up until after boarding.   Just wondered which category it fell in. We usually redeem for free cruises.

OBC from Visa points will show up on your Cruise Planner, and can be used for pre-cruise purchases.

However, Royal processes the redemptions in order of cruise date, so that OBC might not show up until a few weeks before sailing.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

OBC from Visa points will show up on your Cruise Planner, and can be used for pre-cruise purchases.

However, Royal processes the redemptions in order of cruise date, so that OBC might not show up until a few weeks before sailing.

That’s what I was afraid of, and by then, some of the excursions we want may be gone.  Thanks for the quick response. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever had a problem with the OBC being the wrong amount? I bought $100 obc with points but only $50 is showing. I have been on hold with Royal for 20 min but I wonder if it's them or BOA? We leave Sat so I don't have a lot of time to get this fixed.

7 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

Anyone ever had a problem with the OBC being the wrong amount? I bought $100 obc with points but only $50 is showing. I have been on hold with Royal for 20 min but I wonder if it's them or BOA? We leave Sat so I don't have a lot of time to get this fixed.

Is it possible that you opted for shared OBC and the other person on your booking has $50 OBC too?

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Is it possible that you opted for shared OBC and the other person on your booking has $50 OBC too?

That's what I assumed but I called today to verify and the guy said there was only $50 left total for both of us. I have emails showing all of it so I am just going to print them and if it's wrong when we get onboard I will show them what I have and go from there.