2nd bedroom in 2 bedroom Haven

misha1

Big enough for 2 kids.  It would be possible to fit 2 adults in there, as long as I'm not one of them.  When the couch is turned into a bed, there's very little room left over.  Also, there's not much storage.  

Google NCL Jewel 2 bedroom haven for videos and pictures.

Edited by wdsted

If you're not using the upper bunk-can you pull it down and use it for storage or would it be in the way if left that way all day??

my 2 older sons will be cruising with us on monday. i thought one in the room-one on the couch and hoped to use that upper bunk as a closet!! LOL One son is fairly tall so I thought he could reach.:classic_unsure:

I tried to capture it in my video of the 2/2 Haven on the Jewel ... check under 2Beeze at YouTube if you are interested (it’s a bit tight for camera work, but you will get the idea). My adult sister is fine in it - we get the egg crate mattress topper and the 2nd bathroom is much nicer than non-Haven cabins). happy sailing 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

11 hours ago, misha1 said:

Can anyone tell me how large the bed is in the non-master of the 2 bedroom Haven cabin on Jewel?  Thanks, Julie

Tell us your cabin number and we can tell you more or this LINK may provide more information:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Jewel

click on the deck your cabin is on and find your cabin click on it for more if any details

Using Google search NCL JEWEL ???? and where the ????s are insert your cabin number for more info.

You can do the same with YouTube.

Not all cabins have had a video or picture done - as an alternative look for a mirror image cabin to get an idea.

With the 2nd BR you are most apt to find a lower level bed suitable for 1 adult and a Pullman bed folding out

of the wall suitable for another adult - that bed can be left lower if storage if not used for sleeping - just watch

your head space. In the master BR there is adequate closet storage for all parties and of course don't forget

about under the master bed.

Here is an old photo showing the set-up of the beds available in the second bedroom on the Gem (sister ship to Jewel, with identical set-up, only colors are different). As you can see it will be tight when the couch is turned in to a small "double" bed and the pullman bed is down. We were only two persons in the 2-bedroom Haven suite (got it as an upgrade for a very good price at the time),  so didn't use the second bedroom for sleeping - but the second bathroom was handy... But my guess is that for two adults it would only work if they are of the "petite size", with one one the couch and the other one on the pullman. 

image.thumb.png.b9629384bf05564b7dd35b83b1bbda95.png

Edited by TrumpyNor

Don't forget that in the 2BR suites that there is the convertible couch in the Main Room.

Photo/Images 2BR suite DAWN cabin 11530 similar to all 2BR suites NCL fleet.

As noted that 2nd bathroom with shower is a blessing when having multiple guests in a cabin.

The second BR while small and tight works best for kids or small adults.

Thus there is comfortable bedding for 5 - 2 in master bed - 1 couch - 1 Pullman - 1 in 2nd bedroom

DSC06831.JPG

DSC07406.JPG

DSC07407.JPG

DSC07408.JPG

DSC07409.JPG

DSC07410.JPG

DSC07411.JPG

This is really helpful.  Most videos online only peek into the second bedroom and all I saw was artwork and mirror with no idea there is an upper berth in there too!  That is great for our family so the kids can have their own space without "so and so on THEIR side".

28 minutes ago, GetMeOutOfMN said:

This is really helpful.  Most videos online only peek into the second bedroom and all I saw was artwork and mirror with no idea there is an upper berth in there too!  That is great for our family so the kids can have their own space without "so and so on THEIR side".

I knew about the upper berth. i was hoping to use it as storage but does not look like I can. :classic_sad:

Does anyone have a picture of it pulled down???

2 hours ago, GetMeOutOfMN said:

It’s an oddly shaped room and not easy to film. I am surprised to read criticism of people who have made a real effort to help others by making and posting videos of their cabins. No good deed will go unpunished.

Edited by 2Beeze

4 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

It’s an oddly shaped room and not easy to film. I am surprised to read criticism of people who have made a real effort to help others by making and posting videos of their cabins. No good deed will go unpunished.

I'm sorry you took this as a criticism... I was just explaining why I had no idea.  It's not really visible on the NCL floorpan either.  I'm am pleasantly surprised and glad someone asked!

8 hours ago, GetMeOutOfMN said:

I'm sorry you took this as a criticism... I was just explaining why I had no idea.  It's not really visible on the NCL floorpan either.  I'm am pleasantly surprised and glad someone asked!

Glad to Know! It is extremely hard to get a photo or video because of how it is set up. If you look at our YouTube video you might see that I even had to incorporate photos to try to truly give some idea of the actual space. It really is a decent size. I have never seen that bunk pulled down, but I think it’s likely quite workable. My video is of the Jewel, but I am 90% certain that  it’s set up exactly the same in the 2br2ba on the Epic. I don’t recall reading when you will sail on the Epic, but we leave in a few days and I will try to get that video up on the channel (the small personal one LOL) soon after. I will work hard to get extra video of that 2nd room. Happy sailing .... 😊

1 hour ago, GetMeOutOfMN said:

2Beeze - don't go to any extra trouble on my account!  It's been extremely helpful just to understand the bed setup.  We cruise in March and can't wait!

For us, it is the perfect suite. And that bathroom cannot be beat. Just make sure to request the egg crater topper and extra pillows before you sail (I recommend using the concierge phone line) to make sure it’s extra cozy.

• Like 1

We have the same type of room on the Jade in March.  Plan is for daughter to sleep in bunk and have the couch and space for herself.  She likes bunks so that works for us.  Plus it keeps her out of our bathroom so I'll actually get to use it...that will be different in the A.M.  Never done the suite or Haven before but here's hoping it's all worth it.

Bunk down.jpg

• 2 months later...

I did a search for 2 bedroom family suites and found this info, hopefully some of you are still checking the boards.  Thank you to all who posted photos or links to floor plans!  I’m wondering if there are any magnetic walls in these suites?  I bought magnetic hooks to use to create a clothesline to dry things that we hand wash in the sink.  It looks like the suite only has wood panel walls...not sure if I should bring my hooks?  Can anyone share if there is a clothesline in the shower or a place to create a clothesline?  We are on a two week cruise, I know there will be laundry service offered for a fee but we plan to wash our workout clothes after use.

Thanks for any info!

54 minutes ago, Love2CruiseMore said:

I did a search for 2 bedroom family suites and found this info, hopefully some of you are still checking the boards.  Thank you to all who posted photos or links to floor plans!  I’m wondering if there are any magnetic walls in these suites?  I bought magnetic hooks to use to create a clothesline to dry things that we hand wash in the sink.  It looks like the suite only has wood panel walls...not sure if I should bring my hooks?  Can anyone share if there is a clothesline in the shower or a place to create a clothesline?  We are on a two week cruise, I know there will be laundry service offered for a fee but we plan to wash our workout clothes after use.

Thanks for any info!

I know there's a clothesline in the master shower; can't remember if there was a second one in the 2nd bathroom.  We had so much room we never tried to see if the walls were magnetic.

The second bedroom bed is so uncomfortable that I ended up sharing the master bed with my daughter.

How ever second  the room is perfect for a master walk in closet and extra bath.

Good luck and have a fun trip

7 minutes ago, Seawoff said:

The second bedroom bed is so uncomfortable that I ended up sharing the master bed with my daughter.

How ever second  the room is perfect for a master walk in closet and extra bath.

Good luck and have a fun trip

Did you have the topper on the bed too?

We were a party of three adults and we really loved this suite on a 14 day cruise. The third person was my MIL who was on her second cruise with us - the first one we shared an SF suite for 7 days in AK and it was a bit of a squeeze for us. Esp when my MIL was not comfortable with the bathroom and sleeping arrangements. She really liked having her own room and bath. Having the main living room also separate allowed us to each have our own space. And each one had a TV (FWIW). We did get an eggcrate for her and we never made up the bed into a couch- she also found the closet space adequate but she is also a light packer. Our next cruise is going to be just the two of us - 21days in an SF suite - Panama Canal on the GEM. 

9 hours ago, Love2CruiseMore said:

Thanks for any info!

It’s our favorite cabin, but there are almost no magnetic options - the back of the cabin door will hold magnets if they are strong (the flimsy sheet magnets as for door decor will not work - take command strips if you decide to use one). 

We put hook magnets for hats and light jackets on the back of they main door and the front of the smaller bedroom door. But honestly, there is a ton of space that you won’t need anything more than a few hooks! There is a clothesline in both bathroom showers. They will do a 19.99 bag mid week for all the clothes that you stuff in a large bag, BUT remember that it’s wash and fold only (nothing will be pressed).

I have some videos of a couple of Haven 2br 2ba (Epic and Jewel) under 2Beeze at YouTube if you are interested. It’s really a wonderful suite!

P.S. We requested a topper and extra pillows for both beds and all of us were very happy!

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1