CHEFS TABLE AND TIPPING

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We received confirmation of getting the Chef's Table, we will be on the Elation.  My question, we are good tippers but I know I will be with a group of people and don't want to start something that may embarrass the others, my question, do we tip anybody for the Chef's Table and how much tip do you give?

11 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I don't want to embarrass the others but I know tipping is the right thing to do, how many people are there to tip?

You're overthinking this whole thing.

It is too easy to palm a gratuity to a recipient without anyone else knowing what you're doing.

• Like 2

It's probable some of the varying responses posted were dependent on how long ago the poster visited the Chef's Table.

I don't remember that gratuities were automatically charged several years ago.

Carnival's policies are ever evolving.

Edited by bury me at sea

Your automatic gratuity already compensates tipped staff. The Chef's Table adds a 15% to the check. I think that is enough when put together. 

If you feel the need to tip more, I am sure it will be appreciated.

22 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I thought the tip was included with the price like the steakhouse is?  Did I misinterpret that somewhere?  We also are going this year and would like to know what the norm is.  

Its a personal decision, but we always tip when we eat at a speciality restaurant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Your automatic gratuity already compensates tipped staff. The Chef's Table adds a 15% to the check. I think that is enough when put together. 

If you feel the need to tip more, I am sure it will be appreciated.

I assume it is now 18% with the recent change, but don’t know that first hand yet. 

51 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume it is now 18% with the recent change, but don’t know that first hand yet. 

Yes, it is 18% now.  I just went back and checked my confirmation email with the above information, didn't read it entirely the first time.  I think a 18% gratuity already added to the fee is sufficient enough for me.  Thanks for all the helpful information!

That is better always thought 15% is on the low side unless you got bad service then that is what I tip.  I generally tip 20% and dining out, I would tip 20-25%.  18% I am good and no need to worry about bringing extra cash that night for tips.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, 13cheermom said:

I thought the tip was included with the price like the steakhouse is?  Did I misinterpret that somewhere?  We also are going this year and would like to know what the norm is.  

It is included. I wouldn't tip extra unless something great happened.