Can my 250 min internet perk be transferred to my husband instead?

TrumpyNor

We have an upcoming cruise in a few months, where one of the promotional perks is 250 min free internet. I am listed as "passenger 1" on the cruise reservation, so I guess that is why this perk is listed on my name on the amenity confirmation that I received from our PCC. Does anyone know by personal experience if it is possible to let my husband get the 250 min free internet instead of me, by contacting the internet manager on board at the beginning of our cruise? 

It isn't a problem at all, but don't even try to change the name - its just another opportunity for something to fail.

When you log on and open the account the first time, just use your name and set a password.

That account and password will work on any device, either your's, your husband's, or a friend.

A count down clock will start at 250 minutes. Make sure you log off after each session.

The wife and I each get 30 minutes as part of our "Platinum Perks". We just activate one, and use it up between us, then activate the other.

Bon Voyage.

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it. We both have 60 min Platinum+ internet as well, and in the past I somehow got the impression that it was linked to our names - probably because we have used already existing "accounts" on previous cruises. So, if I understand you all correctly, I can  just create a new account then, with new password, and let my husband use it on his phone and can still log on and get my own 60 min Platinum+ minutes on my phone?

Trumpy it is very easy!  On our TA in November, Lowell (of Peggy -VaGirl & Lowell) had something like 450 minutes. Not only did he use them but so did Mike and I.  We just logged on using his username and password. 

Hope you are doing well!

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it. We both have 60 min Platinum+ internet as well, and in the past I somehow got the impression that it was linked to our names - probably because we have used already existing "accounts" on previous cruises. So, if I understand you all correctly, I can  just create a new account then, with new password, and let my husband use it on his phone and can still log on and get my own 60 min Platinum+ minutes on my phone?

Yes. One account/login can be used for multiple devices. We share our one account between 4 phones (2 personal and 2 work) and 2 ipads. 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. One account/login can be used for multiple devices. We share our one account between 4 phones (2 personal and 2 work) and 2 ipads. 

Definitely not a problem!

Any particular account can only be used on one device at a time.

In terms of using the account, by logging on, on more than one device (at different times), who would possibly know "who" had that device?  One could bring a friend's laptop, borrowed for the trip.  One could bring a laptop, a cell phone, and some sort of iPad... all used by the same person.  Or by different people...

It's no different than if DH logs on to *his* laptop, checks his email, and then, without logging out, hands me his laptop, and then I check my email.  OR... he could log out, and I could then log on with his credentials (assuming he shared them with me :classic_wink: ) on another device.  Or it could be "him" on that other device.

The restriction is that the account can only be used on one device at a time.

GC

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I am listed as "passenger 1" on the cruise reservation, so I guess that is why this perk is listed on my name on the amenity confirmation that I received from our PCC.

That's just how it is done...

"Offer will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom.
Internet package is per stateroom. One login per stateroom."

-T&C

Multiple devices, multiple people, it doesn't matter. It's the "one at a time" that matters.

17 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

We have an upcoming cruise in a few months, where one of the promotional perks is 250 min free internet. I am listed as "passenger 1" on the cruise reservation, so I guess that is why this perk is listed on my name on the amenity confirmation that I received from our PCC. Does anyone know by personal experience if it is possible to let my husband get the 250 min free internet instead of me, by contacting the internet manager on board at the beginning of our cruise? 

Just create the account when you board and give your husband the login information. It doesn't matter who uses it.