Olives on X

CruzeBoozer

Does anyone know if you can take a jar or two of unopened olives on Celebrity?  We will be going on our 7th Celebrity cruise next month and always get the premium drink package to enjoy dirty martinis as well as many other beverages.  The olives have always been a major disappointment so I was thinking of taking a jar or two of jumbo queens with me this time if permitted.  I have asked many different people on many ships if they have larger olives and they do not.

I have.

last year i wanted the blue cheese stuffed olives so i hand carried two small jars through check in, they inspected them, and passed me on.

i got a lot of jealous looks at the martini bar, and the manager even came over with a puzzled look to see where we got them, said he would love to stock them but the cost was prohibitive 

Enjoy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justcrusn said:

I have.

last year i wanted the blue cheese stuffed olives so i hand carried two small jars through check in, they inspected them, and passed me on.

i got a lot of jealous looks at the martini bar, and the manager even came over with a puzzled look to see where we got them, said he would love to stock them but the cost was prohibitive 

Enjoy

Back in the day (only talking around 5-7 years ago), you could get blue cheese olives.  They didn't stock them, but if you asked for them they would stuff them to order.   These are the kinds of little things I miss on X.

Edited by mandream

11 minutes ago, mandream said:

Back in the day (only talking around 5-7 years ago), you could get blue cheese olives.  They didn't stock them, but if you asked for them they would stuff them to order.   These are the kinds of little things I miss on X.

I was on the recent Eclipse South America holiday cruise and was able to get blue cheese stuffed olives at the martini bar - I just asked if they were available and they were provided with all of my martinis.  It may be different on different ships and different sailings, but I haven't had issues getting them on previous cruises over the last several years either.

2 minutes ago, Cruising Domer said:

I was on the recent Eclipse South America holiday cruise and was able to get blue cheese stuffed olives at the martini bar - I just asked if they were available and they were provided with all of my martinis.  It may be different on different ships and different sailings, but I haven't had issues getting them on previous cruises over the last several years either.

Hmm - I asked a few times (albeit a while ago) and was told they were not available and eventually stopped asking.  Perhaps it's another one of those things that varies from ship to ship (or server to server).  Or maybe its one of those things that went away and came back - like chocolates on the pillow.

Mike

1 hour ago, mandream said:

They could still do that today but it would be labor intensive requiring two people.  The first picks up an olive and a tweezer which will be used to put some of the blue cheese into the olive....the other holds the magnifying glass so the first person can find the olive.

Edited by ghstudio

I have had some of the stuffed olives and it basically depended on the bar and BT.   The BTs are opportunists and many will say they are only given to their favorite, special or best customers.  🤑 🙄.    

It seems now that many are cutting out the little things to cut  cost and by doing that  they are also lowering their standards and class. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Interesting post!  My wife loves a good VERY DIRTY martini.  She had a couple on our recent Silhouette cruise that just weren't as good as they should be.  Our favorite waiter in the Martini Bar, Iwan, tried a couple more times.  By the next day, problem solved.  My wife believed the problem was with the olive juice.  Iwan said that the following day, they were sourcing the "juice" from different olives.  At any rate...he said, if it isn't "right", let me know and I will make it right!