First time with SDP - A ?

djpk2003

I have never sailed with the SDP and will have 10 SDP credits for an upcoming cruise (5 each, since it is a 14 day sailing). My question is, how strict are they with making sure those credits are only used by the first two guests in a room? I ask because we would like to treat our children to Cagneys one night, and I was wondering if it's possible to just use 4 credits for that meal or if I should budget to pay out of pocket for them for that meal. 

Thanks in advance! 

20 minutes ago, djpk2003 said:

I have never sailed with the SDP and will have 10 SDP credits for an upcoming cruise (5 each, since it is a 14 day sailing). My question is, how strict are they with making sure those credits are only used by the first two guests in a room? I ask because we would like to treat our children to Cagneys one night, and I was wondering if it's possible to just use 4 credits for that meal or if I should budget to pay out of pocket for them for that meal. 

Thanks in advance! 

Typically pretty strict, you won't be able to "transfer" a credit to someone else. Now with the SDP, you can order multiple apps/desserts, so if you ordered 3 appetizers and share some with your kids, I honestly don't know how they would handle that (I would hope that you wouldn't get charged). If your kids order any entrees from the menu they will get charged.

Keep in mind that all the restaurants have a kids menu that kids 12 and under can always order off of in the specialty restaurants. This excludes certain restaurants with a cover charge (i.e. Teppanyaki) - kids would have to pay the full cover charge.

Edited by tomservo

16 hours ago, djpk2003 said:

Thanks in advance! 

The SDP is non-transferable. You do NOT have 10 SDP credits. Passenger 1 has 5 meals and Passenger 2 has 5 meals. Each person "pays" for their own meals at the end of the dinner. 

While you sometimes will find a sympathetic waiter who will charge out your kids meals, that is very obvious every time you dine from that point forward since the restaurant hosts/managers will be checking to see how many meals you have used (and will see the double charge at Cagney's). It is worth a try. Or the better solution is to buy your kids a 3-meal package and take them along for 3 of your 5 meals. 

1 minute ago, sargemrs said:

So could someone explain the upcharge on the SDP?  We're Haven and if the upcharge is too much, we could just eat at the Haven Restaurant and not incur any upcharges?

IF you're in Haven, all Haven amenities are included..including the Haven Restaurant.  

12 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

So could someone explain the upcharge on the SDP?  We're Haven and if the upcharge is too much, we could just eat at the Haven Restaurant and not incur any upcharges?

Do you mean the service charge or the up-charge you have to pay at some of the specialty restaurants? The service charge is a straight 20% of the value of the package and covers gratuities. Up-charges for specific restaurants are as follows from the FAQ:

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Bayamo - $10 USD
  • Cirque Dreams- $10 USD regular seats / $15 USD premium seats / $35 USD VIP seating (Breakaway)
  • Ocean Blue - $10 USD (Except Seafood Extravaganza)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Cabaret - $18 USD
Edited by JamieLogical