Private Tours and Rides

We are cruising to the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao & St. Maarten) in a couple of weeks. I've been to St. Maarten but not any of the other three. We are huge beach lovers and would like to do one snorkeling stop. I'm not a fan of organized excursions do to their brevity and being the constant sea of lines. We have really long stops in Aruba and Curacao and are wanting to go out on our own. Anyone have any info on taxi's or private rides that could take us to some of the best places. Would also love to have suggestions for the best things to do at these stops. Thank you!

We are also going in about 3 weeks to the ABC's and doing the Woodwind in Bonaire but have other adventures in Aruba and Curacao.  You might want to check out the port boards for suggestions there.  I have found a lot of good information there.  

Have a great time.

Woodwind snorkel trip - the ocean lives up to the "you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it" tag line.

In Aruba we did a morning snorkel trip with "Sailaway Tours" on the Lady Black. Well worth the time and $. Also, as soon as you step off the boat after the tour you're deposited right onto the pristine Aruba beaches. (also booked direct and online)

Edited by NateUpNorth

Another vote for snorkeling in Bonaire. I haven't used Woodwind but our friends have and had nothing but great things to say about them. I'm a scuba diver (which is why I haven't hired a snorkel operator) and the diving in Bonaire is the best I have ever seen throughout the Caribbean. I imagine the snorkeling would be the same.

7 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

In Aruba, we booked a private tour through shore excursioneer. It was run by Cocolishi tours, email is cocolishitour@gmail.com. We were very happy with the tour and the price was fantastic.

How has your experience been with Shore Excursioneer? Have you used them much?

6 minutes ago, CruisenReview91 said:

How has your experience been with Shore Excursioneer? Have you used them much?

That was our 3rd time using them. They're fine. The other two reminded me of cruise line excursions, but cheaper. Larger groups (although not cruise line big), all run by 3rd parties, generally the same activities as the cruise line. I try for private tours now as they are better suited for our young kids and are usually available for comparable prices when booking for 4 people. 

The private tour through them was too good of a deal to pass up, it was $220 for 4 adults and 4 kids under 5 for a 4 hour tour.