Day Pass Resort Options in St Kitts

randig

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, bballmomma said:

Just back from the Marriott and while there was some seaweed it was all gathering over on one side of the beach kind of in a cove and the rest was clean and beautiful. We did the room for a day which was $150 after tax, etc. and it was perfect. Would definitely do it again. We are Hilton Honors members so they upgraded our room and we opened our sliding glass door and stepped out to a pool all to ourselves. We stayed until 6pm and then got a cab back to the pier from the same driver who dropped us off originally. Good food, good drinks, (although resort pricey) beautiful beach, great rooms.  DH and I discussed its somewhere we would come back to just for vacation with the family. I am glad we spent the extra money for the room for a day. It was nice to cool off, relax and shower before we headed back to the ship. I called the hotel directly and made our reservation. No charge for deposit, paid when we left.

Am I missing something? Why did Hilton Honors get you benefits at a Marriott? Aren't they two different rewards programs?

57 minutes ago, gometros said:

Am I missing something? Why did Hilton Honors get you benefits at a Marriott? Aren't they two different rewards programs?

No, I just misspoke. We received an upgraded room with our Marriott points. And its wasn't as if we used points, we just got an upgrade because we are members. If you were going to do this and do not have a Marriott loyalty number, get one before you go for free internet and upgrade opportunity.

24 minutes ago, bballmomma said:

No, I just misspoke. We received an upgraded room with our Marriott points. And its wasn't as if we used points, we just got an upgrade because we are members. If you were going to do this and do not have a Marriott loyalty number, get one before you go for free internet and upgrade opportunity.

Thanks for that clarification. I am a member of both, so I'm covered. Seriously considering doing this when we go in October.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, bballmomma said:

Just back from the Marriott and while there was some seaweed it was all gathering over on one side of the beach kind of in a cove and the rest was clean and beautiful. We did the room for a day which was $150 after tax, etc. and it was perfect. Would definitely do it again. We are Hilton Honors members so they upgraded our room and we opened our sliding glass door and stepped out to a pool all to ourselves. We stayed until 6pm and then got a cab back to the pier from the same driver who dropped us off originally. Good food, good drinks, (although resort pricey) beautiful beach, great rooms.  DH and I discussed its somewhere we would come back to just for vacation with the family. I am glad we spent the extra money for the room for a day. It was nice to cool off, relax and shower before we headed back to the ship. I called the hotel directly and made our reservation. No charge for deposit, paid when we left.

That's great, sounds like the beach is still AWESOME, who cares about the seaweed, they got it covered.😉

Day room only way to go, totally worth it all the way around. Those rooms are sweet, great food and great drink yes it makes for a beauty of a bar tab, but who cares your on vacation on St. Kitts..........at The Marriott!! AWESOME SAUCE!!!😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 11:20 PM, tattoos said:

I think it's a losing battle because the seaweed is still in the water.  We have the same situation on the east coast in Florida, the seaweed has been very bad.  Thank you for commenting.  We are booked on a cruise next year to St. Kitts and are investigating beaches/beach clubs on the Caribbean side of the island.

Carambola Beach Club So. Frigate Bay is all you!! I don't know of any other beach clubs on the Caribbean side of the island.

This place Carambola is right up your alley!! Tons of fun!!😊

On 7/3/2019 at 4:40 AM, tattoos said:

Looked up the Carambola Beach Club online and it looks awesome and my #1 choice.  Thanks.

If you are a genteel cruiser, then please accept a T'erd alert, and go to Sunshine's on Nevis.  If T'erds are not a problem, then book your Beds/umberella in advance.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, OCruisers said:

At least consider Palms Court Gardens
While not on the beach has a nice pool and great view of the water.

http://palmscourtgardens.com

We are on the Allure Aug 25th with my parents, my dad has mobility issues and now a broken arm so not sure if they will still go.  If they do go and decide to get off the ship with us does anyone know which place might be a better fit the Palms Court Gardens or the Marriott?  We will have a wheelchair for him as he can't walk very far and not in the sand so we would stay at the pool.  Do either of the pools have handrails and easy access to get in and ramps to get around the place?  Thanks for any help or other options!

On 8/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, CruiseMomTX said:

We are on the Allure Aug 25th with my parents, my dad has mobility issues and now a broken arm so not sure if they will still go.  If they do go and decide to get off the ship with us does anyone know which place might be a better fit the Palms Court Gardens or the Marriott?  We will have a wheelchair for him as he can't walk very far and not in the sand so we would stay at the pool.  Do either of the pools have handrails and easy access to get in and ramps to get around the place?  Thanks for any help or other options!

If your father has mobility issues whichever one you choose your going to have to take a taxi. Probably the Marriott simply because it's more open, much easier to get into the pool and get around the property altogether. No problems. Hope that helps

On 7/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

If you are a genteel cruiser, then please accept a T'erd alert, and go to Sunshine's on Nevis.  If T'erds are not a problem, then book your Beds/umberella in advance.

Port Royal I certainly hope he accepted your T'erd alert about Carambola and went to Sunshine's on Nevis instead.

Otherwise he's going to be stuck at Carambola with fellow T'erds like himself, Beds/umbrella booked in advance.

Oh well we tried. Have a nice evening Todd

Funny I was in st. Kitt in April and got a day pass to Marriott. We checked in then took a cab to carambola where we met our snorkeling excursion. They took us via boat to shitten bay where we actually saw turtles and starfish and other sea life including a couple of rays. When we came back after an hour and a half, they took us back to carambola. By that time (11am?) It was a zoo of chairs and umbrellas and cruise people. We got a cab back to the Marriott and sat by the pool with drinks with a sigh of relief. We almost booked with carambola just because our excursion was out of there but I'm glad I read about it beforehand with the crowds. I'm a st kitt Marriott person. I love it there.

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Funny I was in st. Kitt in April and got a day pass to Marriott. We checked in then took a cab to carambola where we met our snorkeling excursion. They took us via boat to shitten bay where we actually saw turtles and starfish and other sea life including a couple of rays. When we came back after an hour and a half, they took us back to carambola. By that time (11am?) It was a zoo of chairs and umbrellas and cruise people. We got a cab back to the Marriott and sat by the pool with drinks with a sigh of relief. We almost booked with carambola just because our excursion was out of there but I'm glad I read about it beforehand with the crowds. I'm a st kitt Marriott person. I love it there.

Were they "cruise people", genteel like yourself, or T'erds?

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Did pretty much this exact same thing back in 2008, got trampled stepped on haggled to death at Carambola caught a taxi to the Marriott and it's been the Marriott ever since, did Palm Court Gardens last December simply because I've been to the Marriott so many times. Total sigh of relief it was like walking into heaven after leaving hell. 

1 hour ago, mkhayes23 said:

Can I ask where you booked your tour through?

Don't book it when you walk in Port Zante get a taxi to the Marriott, $7 it's 5 minutes away. Walk up to the concierge desk on your left with your credit card and a big smile and it's $35 per person for your day pass. Anymore than 5 or more in your group get a day room I think it's $139.00 includes day passes for everybody. Great swim up bar beach is awesome. Have fun.

• Like 1