Self Service Laundry

casandbliz

I’ll be on the Emerald in October and in my research, there are laundry facilities throughout the ship. If you go to deck plans on the princess website you can find the laundry room closest to your stateroom. 

Glenn

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

purchase tokens for washer and dryer  $ 3 each per load

$1.50 for detergent, etc. Some have reported getting tokens (no coins accepted, only Princess tokens) at the purser’s desk. I’ve never had any problems with the token dispensers in the laundry rooms. 

We did laundry on longer cruises quite often before becoming elite.  We would pack powdered detergent or pods and dryer sheets in separate ziplock bags in our airline checked luggage.  You can also find bleach as well as Unstoppables softener in granulated form, so no liquids to worry about leaking.  

Edited by GloriaF

As mentioned above, look at deck plans in relation to your cabin. Sometimes the laundry facility on upper or lower deck will be closer. I always use these on our cruises. Just a little advice, avoid on sea days.  We usually do Anytime Dining later and I noticed that doing laundry late afternoons (4-5) is usually less crowded. Unfortunately, they just don’t have enough machines and I’ve witnessed some heated discussions over laundry. 

Also mentioned above, I always pack detergent pods and Bounce in checked luggage. 

Just now, GloriaF said:

A word f caution:  Remove laundry from machine to dryer and from dryer promptly.  I've seen people take other's laundry out of stopped machine,  If you don't stay with it, check back often.

I'm guessing this is what led to the aforementioned "heated discussions". 

• Like 1

Oh yes! There are signs posted above the machines as to length of time for each cycle.

People DO remove others laundry if machine is stopped. Time your machines or hang out there, usually a tv or bring the Patter. 🙄

• Like 1

No, I would like to think a considerate passenger would be there to take care of laundry within minutes of cycle completion.  There have been times I’ve observed laundry left untouched during my entire wash and dry cycles.  My thing is “do unto others...”

• Like 1