Caribbean Princess Drydock

voljeep

2 hours ago, dwwall said:

Has anyone seen pics of the updated staterooms?  

I was in an inside, which was unchanged from my prior cruise on the Caribbean Princess except, perhaps, for the bed and pillows. I can't remember whether they had been upgraded previously.

2 hours ago, dwwall said:

Has anyone seen pics of the updated staterooms?  

New bedding was installed during the spring 2017 dry dock. Don't believe there were any changes to cabins during the recent wet dock which was mainly to repair one of the main motors that propel the ship. A new splash pool and some other youth amenities were also added.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

New bedding was installed during the spring 2017 dry dock. Don't believe there were any changes to cabins during the recent wet dock which was mainly to repair one of the main motors that propel the ship. A new splash pool and some other youth amenities were also added.

I certainly hope they don’t mess up the bedding. Our last trip on the CB was in November/December of last year. The bedding was unbelievably good. Will be doing it again in a couple of weeks. I’m hoping for  no changes from last time. 

38 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

I certainly hope they don’t mess up the bedding. Our last trip on the CB was in November/December of last year. The bedding was unbelievably good. Will be doing it again in a couple of weeks. I’m hoping for  no changes from last time. 

I agree about the bedding.  It was great on our 28 days aboard last January/February.  However, I do hope they replaced the row of heavy cast iron chairs next to the windows along the starboard side of the Lido deck between the ice cream and the hamburger venues.  People scraping them on the steel deck made awful noise for the balconies below on Riviera deck.

9 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

I agree about the bedding.  It was great on our 28 days aboard last January/February.  However, I do hope they replaced the row of heavy cast iron chairs next to the windows along the starboard side of the Lido deck between the ice cream and the hamburger venues.  People scraping them on the steel deck made awful noise for the balconies below on Riviera deck.

tell me about it ... thankfully during the day 'only' ...

9 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

However, I do hope they replaced the row of heavy cast iron chairs next to the windows along the starboard side of the Lido deck between the ice cream and the hamburger venues.  People scraping them on the steel deck made awful noise for the balconies below on Riviera deck.

Me too! We are in R401 in a couple of weeks. 

4 hours ago, rokwldr said:

We were in a mini suite and the only upgrade was a new sleeper couch. The balcony was not to our liking . Way to open to the sun and not a bit of privacy. The room was nice and more spacious than a standard balcony.

We love the balconies for that specific reason.  The open air.  Removes the need to search for a spot on the deck, with all of the seat savers, to get some sun.