online check in without photo

We are sailing Adventure of the Seas in April.  I started my on-line check in today, but it will not let me proceed unless I unload a photo.  I do not have this capability.  How can I continue to check in without a photo?  I understand from reading other posts here that it is possible.

Thank you for responding.  I did not think that photos were required, but I had put in everything except the photo, and the program would not let me proceed.  It said everything had to be completed before continuing.  I will continue to try to get through the check in process, and as a last resort, call Royal Caribbean.

I think the website needs a good bit of work to improve.

5 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

Thank you for responding.  I did not think that photos were required, but I had put in everything except the photo, and the program would not let me proceed.  It said everything had to be completed before continuing.  I will continue to try to get through the check in process, and as a last resort, call Royal Caribbean.

It would not hurt to clear cookies and cache and/or try a different browser.

Oh, and you can also try uploading any small jpg photo file and see if that works.

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I had the same problem with the Symphony. I took a call to Royal to Royal to fix it. wasn't easy. The rep had me try a few different things, and finalyy I was able to finish without the photo. Took about 20 minutes.

Once again the new and improved! :classic_rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It would not hurt to clear cookies and cache and/or try a different browser.

Oh, and you can also try uploading any small jpg photo file and see if that works.

I have always used Firefox and although RCI ask for a photo during check in  I ignore this and to date I have always been able to complete check in.

As others have said it takes seconds at the cruise terminal to take your photo.

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

Not trying to be funny, but why would you not want to upload a photo?

When doing your online check-in and depending on the ship you are asked to upload your photo. Still an option whether you do or don't. One less thing to do at the time of check-in at the embarkation port. We've never done it.  

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When doing your online check-in and depending on the ship you are asked to upload your photo. Still an option whether you do or don't. One less thing to do at the time of check-in at the embarkation port. We've never done it.  

Yep, I understand that and actually asked in another thread when it wasn't available option when checking in for my sailing on Voyager. I have now learned that it isn't available on Voyager.

My question here is that if the OP couldn't complete online check in without uploading a photo, why didn't they simply upload one? Problem solved... or is that just too simple?

13 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Yep, I understand that and actually asked in another thread when it wasn't available option when checking in for my sailing on Voyager. I have now learned that it isn't available on Voyager.

My question here is that if the OP couldn't complete online check in without uploading a photo, why didn't they simply upload one? Problem solved... or is that just too simple?

The OP said "I don't have this capability". 

23 hours ago, georgiacat said:

I did an on line check in earlier this week and ran into the same issue.  It turned out that I missed enrptering one small item of information on another page.  Any missing information should be highlighted in red.