Infinity or Equinox

h20skibum

Weighing the pros and cons of each ship.  So what am I missing?

Both ships are sailing the same itinerary, leaving the same date.  One sails from Miami, and one from Ft. Lauderdale.

Price difference is only $20 per person for the stateroom category we are considering.  Perks are the same.

Infinity is older and smaller.  It does have a thalassotherapy pool, which we love.  We have sailed M class before, as well as smaller ships on other lines.

Equinox is newer and bigger by about 800 passengers.  No thalassotherapy pool.  We have not sailed Solstice class before, but have sailed comparable size ships as well as Royal’s mega size ships.

Not wanting to get into a discussion about Royal’s activities (rock climbing, flowrider, etc) vs. the lack of those on these ships.  Just trying to choose between these two, and would be interested in opinions of those who have sailed both.

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Weighing the pros and cons of each ship.  So what am I missing?

Both ships are sailing the same itinerary, leaving the same date.  One sails from Miami, and one from Ft. Lauderdale.

Price difference is only $20 per person for the stateroom category we are considering.  Perks are the same.

Infinity is older and smaller.  It does have a thalassotherapy pool, which we love.  We have sailed M class before, as well as smaller ships on other lines.

Equinox is newer and bigger by about 800 passengers.  No thalassotherapy pool.  We have not sailed Solstice class before, but have sailed comparable size ships as well as Royal’s mega size ships.

Not wanting to get into a discussion about Royal’s activities (rock climbing, flowrider, etc) vs. the lack of those on these ships.  Just trying to choose between these two, and would be interested in opinions of those who have sailed both.

I've sailed both and if it's the same itinerary I would go with the Equinox. I do love the M class ships but just have a few more options for specialty dining if you want to do that.

You did not say where you are sailing & for how long ? We have sailed on both & the major difference for us is as follows:

Infinity     is a smaller older ship. For ports that require a tender, Infinity has the advantage with less passengers

Rendezvous lounge on Infinity is larger with more seating. Usually has live music during Happy Hour

This location is much closer to the MDR  & on the same level as the Celebrity Theater

Our last trip on the Inifinity  we had a veranda cabin. Seems the shower still had a curtain. Cabins seem to be a similar size with the Infinity a little dated in comparison to the Equinox. 

Less speciality restaurants

Seems passengers engaged with each other better on the smaller ships

Exquinox     large newer ship with a few more amenities. Better equipment in the workout areas

Mores bars but smaller with Martini Bar being always crowded

Little more updated cabin with sliding doors in the enclosed shower

Buffets very similar, however solstice ships seem to have more variety & offerings of food

Both have designated smoking areas 

We would prefer a solstice ship in the Caribbean, however the Summit is a wonderful ship as well. Either one is a good choice. For only $20 I would choose the Equinox

Happy Travels,   John

We love both ships.  At one time M class was our favorite class, and we were reluctant to try S class.  Once we tried the S class it quickly became our favorite.  That being said we have cruises booked on both ships in the next 2 years.  We were on the Equinox this past December and her crew was awesome.

Rollie

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks everyone. We ended up booking Equinox. Looking forward to all she has to offer.

I think I read she is due to go for some upgrades this May, so we will see what they do.

Not just upgrades--it's being "revolutionized" (in X speak), so a rather large makeover.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks everyone. We ended up booking Equinox. Looking forward to all she has to offer.

I think I read she is due to go for some upgrades this May, so we will see what they do.

Past Reviews post 184

Good choice.  We like the S class ships much more than the M class ships.  For $20 extra, it would be an easy choice for us.

I think you will be very happy with selecting an S-Class.   I enjoy both and will be sailing on Infinity in April.   The one item I like about S-class are the additional specialty restaurants.   I'm a big fan of Murano's and the M-Class ships now only have Tuscan and Qsine (Le Petite Chef).  

The nice thing of the S-Class are that they are well laid out and your really never feel like they are over crowded.