Can you bring Water on ship

Just off Grandeur and they would not allow the couple in front of us to take water bottles that were singles in their carry on. They said they needed to either be in plastic wrap or that plastic 6 pack ringed can holder. They were really laid back and tossed their 10 bottles on a plastic bin. Just thought I should pass that on. We had 2 six packs that were in plastic wrap. There was nothing said about them. Wish Royal would follow Carnival and allow a case purchase pre cruise for delivery to cabin. Sure would be easier. I will NOT pay the prices for the large bottles they offer. The smaller ones are great for carrying around ports. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sandy toes said:

Just off Grandeur and they would not allow the couple in front of us to take water bottles that were singles in their carry on. They said they needed to either be in plastic wrap or that plastic 6 pack ringed can holder. They were really laid back and tossed their 10 bottles on a plastic bin. Just thought I should pass that on. We had 2 six packs that were in plastic wrap. There was nothing said about them. Wish Royal would follow Carnival and allow a case purchase pre cruise for delivery to cabin. Sure would be easier. I will NOT pay the prices for the large bottles they offer. The smaller ones are great for carrying around ports. 

Oh, THAT is total nonsense.  What is wrong with some people?  Give them a little power and it goes to their head.  😞

We had booked with a six pack wrapped in original paper and they pulled out a bottle from the middle to check if it was still factory sealed. They are only checking for booze and probably could care less about the water itself. That being said our water was allowed to go through. Too bad they didn't check other places for the booze lol 

I also agree their large bottles are not convenient .

Just now, Cigar King said:

I assume they do this because some people have been known to replace the water with vodka and reseal the bottle.  I hear you can do this with a heated spoon.  Nothing I would ever do, of course.

Their simple test is to shake the bottle.  Bubbles give it away.  Hi DS leader! 😉 

Edited by island lady

11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Does anyone know the process of bringing bottled water onboard for our baby's formula?

Do special arrangements have to be made? Does it have to be carried on? Can it be checked?

They want all beverages in the carry-on now.

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

are you 100% certain? I'm not sure how i can carry all of the babys stuff and a giant pack of water.

I am certain that is what Royal's FAQ mentions, but as always with Royal, experiences vary.

Contact special_needs@rccl.com and explain your situation to them.

• Like 1