Use of deluxe drink package before rooms open

I’ve heard that seapass cards are now given to you in your room. This will be a new experience for us. 

Are you able to use your deluxe drink package before getting them? Common sense tells me no.....but I figured I’d check with the group. 

We also have plans on purchasing WOWbands.  Perhands we could use them before we get our cards 🤔??

Thanks for the reply! Seems a bit odd, but guess they have their reasons. Last RCCI cruise we were on was in Oct 2018 and it was still the old cards/way. I appreciate finding this heads-up!! Love the CC boards and the folks that make it great!!! 

7 minutes ago, ksws64 said:

Thanks for the reply! Seems a bit odd, but guess they have their reasons. Last RCCI cruise we were on was in Oct 2018 and it was still the old cards/way. I appreciate finding this heads-up!! Love the CC boards and the folks that make it great!!! 

This is only for select ships - post your ship and you can get additional information.

The sea pass cards are generally in a sealed envelope and are waiting on the outside of the state room door. Some have reported the envelope is not sealed, but in the last four or five times that we’ve been using this process, the envelopes have always been sealed. We’ve never had a problem.   

In fact, I think there’s a notation on the envelope that if it is not sealed, to go  to guest services. 

Enjoy. 

M

59 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Is there anything on the Sea Pass card indicating that you have the beverage package or does the card need to be scanned for them to know that?

Yes and if you buy it on board they still give you the stickers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Is there anything on the Sea Pass card indicating that you have the beverage package or does the card need to be scanned for them to know that?

On Allure in November there wasn't anything that said we had a drink package they just scanned it or typed in the numbers I'm not sure which. My sister-in-law's pass didn't say she had a package. I think it may have gotten screwed up because she switched rooms after purchasing the package, she didn't have a cup in her room either. The bartender called guest services and then gave her a sticker to show if it didn't work at another bar. 

• Thanks 1