Cruise Critic Community
shelly222

The Native Choice Tours

On 3/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, sueandtimj said:

We just went on the Chacchoben  Ruin extreme excursion and had a fabulous time.  I would highly recommend them.  We left on time, got back with plenty of time to see the port.  The drive was about 50 minutes in a modern new van.  After touring the ruins we went to a private resort for lunch, swimming and kayaking.  On the way back to port, we stopped for a fresh pineapple treat.  Our guide was a fantastic and the driver was very safe!

Hi Sue & Tim - is the tour you did the one that includes the Chacchoben  Ruins as well as a stop at Lagoon of 7 colors??  That is the tour we are most wanting to do but are in port only from 0700 with departure of 1500.   Not sure if we will have enough time.

I enjoyed my Native Choice excursion with my mother (who still raves about it) in October 2019.  We went to a small village where we were guests in a local home (Mayan people) for a tour of the gardens, made tortillas, and then a delicious lunch.  I'd go back just for the lunch!  We stopped at a roadside stand to buy local sugar pineapple and dragonfruit and then had a couple hours at the 7 color lagoon at an eco resort with an open bar (local beer and basic mixed drinks/wine) with kayaking available and beach chairs.  The place was deserted other than our group and one other tour that left soon after we arrived.  The tour guide was a young kid (said he was 22 but looked maybe 15, lol) who was incredibly knowledgeable and interesting.  We all learned Mayan math during the drive.  My mother travels with a collapsible mobility scooter and this wasn't a problem.  The guys helped push it through some gravel pathway at the 7 color lagoon.  The A/C in the vans worked great.  Bottled water and insect repellent was provided.  I usually choose more active excursions when I travel on my own or with friends my own age, but this was a cultural experience as well as a beach/open bar/meal excursion.  Native Choice had 3-4 other excursions leave shortly before ours, so there are multiple excursion options to suit your group's preferences.  They were a positive experience for a tour provider.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, BiloxiBeachDude said:

Hi Sue & Tim - is the tour you did the one that includes the Chacchoben  Ruins as well as a stop at Lagoon of 7 colors??  That is the tour we are most wanting to do but are in port only from 0700 with departure of 1500.   Not sure if we will have enough time.

BiloxiBeachDude - did you all end up doing this? I was looking at the same but also have short port time of 0700-1500. Thanks for any info!

Yes - we did end up doing this excursion through Native Choice and were very happy with the tour and not too strapped for time.  

Excellent experience with Native Choice.  We did the Mayan Ruins Tour with an authentic Mayan lunch. Great food, it was fun making the tortillas and very informative.

I highly recommend this company and the experience. Vehicles were air-conditioned and comfortable. Tour guides very friendly and knowledgeable.

Just follow the map provided. Their location is just a short walkable distance from Port. The day we arrived they had helpers along the route to assist with pointing folks in the right directions.