MORE very bad changes made on Princess ships????

Wishing on a star

On 2/7/2019 at 6:47 PM, Kartgv said:

It seems that in all the posts on several threads about the chairs, they have only been removed in the balcony (and maybe inside?) cabins, not the mini-suites.    For those of you who don't or wouldn't miss the chair, do you ever order room service?   If so, do you eat standing up?   Sitting on the bed?  On the 'seat' in the bathroom?    I'd really miss the chair, as I have back problems and can't sit comfortably on a bed.   Maybe Princess is really just trying to get everyone to stay in their cabin as little as possible - much better to be out and about spending money.    

We dont order room service, except for breakfast very occasionally, and that we normally eat on the balcony. I dont like dirty dishes in the room and find it gross when people just leave them in hallways, so I dont participate in the activity :)

BUT we dont do cruises longer then 14 days, so there is that

On 2/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, elliair said:

You're assuming that I didn't do any research into our Fiji cruise.  Seriously?  I won't tell you how much we spent on our trip, but let's just say anyone who forked out what we did and did not research, shouldn't be traveling to foreign countries.  You can have Fiji, I'll enjoy Hawaii.  At least I'll see whales, turtles, dolphins, tropical fish, and nice restaurants and stores.  Have fun.

Why are you complaining about Fiji islands/cruise on this thread? This is about perceived cutbacks by Princess.

Just keep in mind, to each it's own. I would have loved an opportunity to go to Fiji

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nattie said:

So that was the bruhaha about? We only use desk chair and to pile on clothes at that. I would rather have them completely remove stupid round table that always ends up in the closet.

Cant really tell you about the "barrel" chair as I frankly dont remember if we had one (balcony room). Wouldnt have missed it anyways.

On the other hand, we do not take 20+ day cruises with lots of sea days either, so not really paying attention to "in cabin amenities" so to speak.

FWIW, from my recent cruise on Royal (Dec18-Jan19) - we have enjoyed MDR food nightly and offerings were good with plenty of variety. I like Royal class buffet so much, we are hesitant to book on other class ship now. Recently booked (thank you whomever tipped off Princess boards about Europe sale) 11 day Baltic on Regal (my fave ship so far) and looking forward to it!

To each his own I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, possum52 said:

On our cruises to New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji there have been passengers from the US who were thoroughly enjoying their visits to these islands.

Count me among them. In fact, Dravuni Island, Fiji is one of my very favorite port stops ever. Champagne Bay, Mystery Island...heck, I even love Noumea. I like Hawaii, don’t get me wrong (just spent 30 days there). But I would take New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji (even the not so pretty ports) in a second over Hawaii.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nattie said:

Why are you complaining about Fiji islands/cruise on this thread? This is about perceived cutbacks by Princess.

Just keep in mind, to each it's own. I would have loved an opportunity to go to Fiji

Not complaining at all, it was an experience and nothing more.  They can take the chair out of the cabin, is that any reason not to cruise on Princess?  There's plenty of itineraries I wouldn't cruise on - with or without a chair in the cabin.  I think the Happy Hour being disbanded is a far better thing to complain about than a chair.

We sailed on the Emerald for 28 days this past Oct/Nov. The ship, the service, the food was impeccable. We are doing a 20 day on the Crown this Oct. We are beyond excited and feel for what you get on any cruise you get a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1