MORE very bad changes made on Princess ships????

Wishing on a star

I have not experienced this yet, but if it was me and I was missing the chair from my cabin, I'd find my steward and just ask for one to be brought up to me. If I was told that they didn't have any of the old chairs put away in storage somewhere, I'd ask if they could bring an extra from one of the conference rooms, or somewhere on the ship. I would of course be very friendly and polite about it. If I was told that wasn't an option, I'd just explain there are two of us and sitting on the bed or floor hurts our legs, and a chair was pictured on the website, so where should we sit? I feel like surely *somewhere* on the cruise ship, they could find a chair to bring you. And if enough people are requesting this, that would tell Princess all they need to know. 

• Like 1

about music in the hallways in embarkation day..... well yes there was... and that was only time I heard it, no big deal.....

About the chair thing.... I would miss the chair and table and sofa if they all went.... move the chair round to get great view while reading .

Oh well only 17 days till music in the hallways

Cheers Don

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I too find it annoying - I have to open the door and listen in order to get some important info.

If/when there is an announce everyone needs to hear, it will come on to be heard in your cabin.

On our last cruise a helicopter was coming in to take someone off the ship for an extreme medical emergency.  Loud announcements were made in all cabins that no one was to be on any of  the outside decks and those with port side balconies not to use them.  

I was on the Royal last week of January, the only chair was with the desk.  The round table was in the closet area.  My opinion is the reason for the chair missing and table in the closet is the balcony room seemed to be slightly smaller than past cruises.  

Dennis

15 minutes ago, Travelw said:

I was on the Royal last week of January, the only chair was with the desk.  The round table was in the closet area.  My opinion is the reason for the chair missing and table in the closet is the balcony room seemed to be slightly smaller than past cruises.  

Dennis

I'm pretty sure they didn't make the rooms smaller.

• Haha 1

It seems that in all the posts on several threads about the chairs, they have only been removed in the balcony (and maybe inside?) cabins, not the mini-suites.    For those of you who don't or wouldn't miss the chair, do you ever order room service?   If so, do you eat standing up?   Sitting on the bed?  On the 'seat' in the bathroom?    I'd really miss the chair, as I have back problems and can't sit comfortably on a bed.   Maybe Princess is really just trying to get everyone to stay in their cabin as little as possible - much better to be out and about spending money.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kartgv said:

It seems that in all the posts on several threads about the chairs, they have only been removed in the balcony (and maybe inside?) cabins, not the mini-suites.    For those of you who don't or wouldn't miss the chair, do you ever order room service?   If so, do you eat standing up?   Sitting on the bed?  On the 'seat' in the bathroom?    I'd really miss the chair, as I have back problems and can't sit comfortably on a bed.   Maybe Princess is really just trying to get everyone to stay in their cabin as little as possible - much better to be out and about spending money.    

I might not care as much if the weather were good or they had an "indoor sanctuary" with serenity stewards.   I could even see myself paying $40 extra on sea days for the privilege.  I need a comfortable place, quiet, temperature controlled, cabana like walls would be a bonus.  I want to watch my ipad and/or knit or read.    I would love to be able to drop my things on the chair to run to the bathroom and know that my stuff will be there upon my return.   They would also need a signal...maybe a light or a sign that says "Serenity guy...I need something"   That way they don't have to interrupt to ask if I need something.   You can then count my lack of sofa as a revenue generator (as long as serenity guy will bring me my sodas from my all you can drink soda card - which wasn't cheap!).

On 2/6/2019 at 3:12 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

Now we are hearing about basic chairs being removed from cabins....

And, over on the HAL board there are a couple of reports that on the Royal and the Crown,  the speakers in the hallways are sometimes blaring music, and the speakers in the cabins are being used for announcements, etc...   (other than Muster, of course)

What the heck is going on.

Are there this many people in charge at Princess who are completely out of touch?

Wow.

Wow.   It seems you have a real ongoing beef with Princess.  

Why not just move on?  And find another cruise line to your liking?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  On whatever cruise line that may be.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Travelw said:

Dennis

Are you suggesting the room became smaller than past cruises?   How can that be?

King

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Wow.   It seems you have a real ongoing beef with Princess.  

Why not just move on?  And find another cruise line to your liking?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  On whatever cruise line that may be.

King

Could not have said it better!  Seems simple to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This situation of not having a chair in a balcony stateroom made it a very uncomfortable to remain in the stateroom and one of us having to be seated on the bed.   I do not understand how removing the chair in anyway enhances the customer experience or safety.

I wonder if the bean counters decided removing the only comfortable chair in the cabin would force people to spend less time in their cabin and more time in the revenue areas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I think I’m going to have such a miserable cruise. All this talk about cost cutting is just like I was at work. Might as well stay working. 

Glenn

Agree.   You might as well stay working.  Why spend good money only to have such a miserable cruise.  :classic_angry:

King

26 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I wonder if the bean counters decided removing the only comfortable chair in the cabin would force people to spend less time in their cabin and more time in the revenue areas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could be correct.   The  public areas will become more crowded.  And PAXs will spend more money in the bars,  and shops.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Agree.   You might as well stay working.  Why spend good money only to have such a miserable cruise.  :classic_angry:

King

That was my attempt at sarcasm. There’s so much negativity towards such trivial things. Thread after thread after thread is about how Princess sucks. There’s gotta be something good about this cruise line. 

Glenn

• Like 5

I moved the chair in my B1 stateroom to the closet on my Nov / Dec cruise as I prefer floor space & we eat room service on the the balcony anyway. As to being able to watch my iPad--- prefer to turn it off on vacation.  Too many options on the ship 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

It has come to my attention that not only the food, service, accommodations and cruisers are all subjective to one's opinion, with that said when we cruise as long as we have a nice cabin, good food, drinks, beer, music, movies etc. we're happy. All the complainers we don't notice because we're there to have a great time and check out of our daily routine and enjoy each other and the journey. Complaining gets you nowhere and may ruin your vacation.  So all in all enjoy your cruise like us and don't sweat the small stuff. Changes happen all the time in life, just saying and that's my opinion.

Agree with you.

But for those kind of people who are complainers the small suff, to you and me, might be important to them.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

King

• Like 1

well I am going to enjoy my next two cruises one in a couple of week and one in December, regardless, of what changes, as long as my cabin is still there with the bed, and they can serve us food and wine .... I will be veryy happy...

If one lets all the little things get to them, they will have a bad time...

but it does give them plenty to write about as well as complain about.

and Glenn you will have a great cruise on princess, it is all in the mind..

Can not wait to be back on board

Cheers Don

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

well I am going to enjoy my next two cruises one in a couple of week and one in December, regardless, of what changes, as long as my cabin is still there with the bed, and they can serve us food and wine .... I will be veryy happy...

If one lets all the little things get to them, they will have a bad time...

but it does give them plenty to write about as well as complain about.

and Glenn you will have a great cruise on princess, it is all in the mind..

Can not wait to be back on board

Cheers Don

Thanks Don! I am very excited about my cruise. Outside of this facade I’m showing on Cruise Critic, I am giddy like a little school boy. Everything is set up for my liking. 

Happy sailing!

Glenn

Edited by Grburkart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, Grburkart said:

I am so looking forward to my Princess cruise. I’ve learned to be wary of the naysayers so the negative connotations will be in the back of my mind and not a deciding factor to my decisions. 

Glenn

Agree, these ships have so much to offer, if you don't like something there are other options.  We will be going on our 26 cruise on the Grand, the end of March, it is the oldest ship in the fleet.  Many write reviews about it saying  it needs to be retired and probably will be in 2020... I still enjoy it.  We are booked in March and next February on the Grand.  Will be on the Coral in November.   Now days we enjoy the buffet, room service and the Crown Grill and rarely go to the MDR any more.  Lots of options... we enjoy a mini suite and being on the main deck.    The key for us to do what you enjoy  and pass on the rest. 

• Like 3

On 2/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, jimpod said:

It would appear so.  We have been loyal Princess cruisers for the past 15 years but are seriously considering moving to another line.  2 booked for later in the year then we will decide what we are going to do.

We have a final payment soon.  This thing about the chair and table missing really has me wondering.

• Like 2

Some people just can't be happy, like my dad used to say: "they're like flies on a toilet seat ..."

Always reminds me to just enjoy the cruise, our first Princess cruise on the Pacific in 2003, it only has 4 lifts.  On embarkation for 18 days to French Polynesia, lifts are busy and there's this old guy outside the lifts complaining bitterly about having to wait, like he's got somewhere else to go.    I think it made us realize that we just need to enjoy the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1