Travel agent put on hold for hours

PRH

2 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Sorry, the dates you mention are limited to 7 day Caribbean cruises. I'm not familiar with European cruises at ll. The Divina saols longer cruises in the Caribbean, but only from Nov to April, when it repositions to Europe.

Across the fleet, though, I'm looking for an  easy way (other than calling a TA, which is what I am probably going to have to do) to see when the Royal Suite is available and the price.  I don't see any easy way on their website other than going to ever single sailing on every single ship and browsing to the cabin listing, and then going back to the list - which will have reset.

17 hours ago, erdoran said:

Can you give me some tips, then?  How do I pull up all sailings with a Royal YC suite (with whirlpool on balcony) available between 8/1/19 and 2021 that are 9-15  days, that are Baltics, Norway/Finland, Greek Islands (actually that's moot cuz YC doesn't go there), or Southern Caribbean?  I'd like to look at what is available in that time period and compare prices so I find the ones that are the best value.

Call your TA and have them check with MSC.  We've been able to do it ourselves via website but it isn't easy.  We've also just had TA check and within 30 minutes we had an answer.

16 hours ago, erdoran said:

Across the fleet, though, I'm looking for an  easy way (other than calling a TA, which is what I am probably going to have to do) to see when the Royal Suite is available and the price.  I don't see any easy way on their website other than going to ever single sailing on every single ship and browsing to the cabin listing, and then going back to the list - which will have reset.

Yes, that is the only way via website to find most Royals sold out.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, erdoran said:

Wow. My problems I posted about earlier today are minor compared to this, and what’s reported here is consistent with what I experienced just trying to get info about status match and YC availability for a specific itinerary.  

I was ready to jump ship from NCL and was looking for a YC cruise to try but between the impossibility of searching for what I want and the pain of trying to interact with their website, having to go into every single cruise to find specific cabin availability and then losing my place in the list of cruises, etc, etc. I don’t think MSC is worth it for us.  bummer.  YC sounds like a great product from what I can glean, but without a reasonable website and customer support level I’m not going there - when I’m spending thousands of dollars I expect much better, and the shoreside experience is giving me second thoughts about whether YC is as good as it had seemed.

I saw a cruise I liked and a stateroom I liked on Sunday on cruise dot com.  I use a regular TA and contacted him with the information I saw online.  He booked the stateroom and took my deposit first thing on Monday morning.  Easy.  Interestingly, the MSC site did not show the stateroom that I wanted available.  My TA got the room and threw in a $200.00 shipboard credit.  Don't try to do this yourself.   This will be our first MSC Cruise in the YC.  BTW...the room looks incredible.

I just took a quick look - no way to tell from what comes back if there is YC, nor is there a way to filter for only YC availability on that major cruise website.  Thanks for the tip though.  I guess it's off to the TA I go.