NCL Joy Dry Dock

11 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Any final word on restaurants? Read somewhere that Los Lobos Mexican restaurant was going in next to Cagney’s.  Looking forward to updates on this thread. 

When we were on the Bliss a few weeks ago, the server in Los Lobos told us they would be adding Los Lobos to the new ships.  I hope she was right!

14 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

When we were on the Bliss a few weeks ago, the server in Los Lobos told us they would be adding Los Lobos to the new ships.  I hope she was right!

Thank you.  Is Los Lobos more like a traditional Mexican  restaurant or more like Moderno?

Edited by seemoreroyals
Omission

4 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thank you.  Is Los Lobos more like a traditional restaurant or more like Moderno?

It's a really good Mexican restaurant.  Great tableside guacamole, carne asade, enchiladas, and elotes (Mexican corn on the cob).   We first tried it on the Dawn and now it's on the Bliss.  We have loved everything we have tried.  You should be able to find a menu if you google it for Dawn or Bliss.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

It's a really good Mexican restaurant.  Great tableside guacamole, carne asade, enchiladas, and elotes (Mexican corn on the cob).   We first tried it on the Dawn and now it's on the Bliss.  We have loved everything we have tried.  You should be able to find a menu if you google it for Dawn or Bliss.

The only time we had Mexican food on NCL was last time on Breakaway.  We ate  at Margaritaville and it was just okay.  Have you eaten at both and if so is Los Lobos better?  Sounds like it probably is. We are going to miss the salad bar at Moderno but really good Mexican food sounds like something we can look forward to.

Since NCL is getting a do-over with the Joy, im hoping they will make her SDP restaurants the same as the Bliss.

ie: Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, Cagney's, La Cuchina, Q, and Los Lobos

and hopefully Encore will also have those same 6 SDP restaurants so there is some consistency among these neo-Panama ships.

(Escape doesn't count since it's too wide even for the new Panama locks.)

Edited by fstuff1

58 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

The only time we had Mexican food on NCL was last time on Breakaway.  We ate  at Margaritaville and it was just okay.  Have you eaten at both and if so is Los Lobos better?  Sounds like it probably is. We are going to miss the salad bar at Moderno but really good Mexican food sounds like something we can look forward to.

Los Lobos is more upscale Mexican food.  Very different from Margaritaville's menu.  Good salads, many choices of entrees, special Margaritas, and some good desserts.  We really like the Tres Leches cake.   

When we first tried it on the Dawn, it was empty first of the week except for us and a couple of tables of officers.  By the end of the week it was crowded as others heard about it.  Since it did so well on the Dawn we were very happy to see it added to the Bliss and it did not disappoint.  We ate there twice during our Bliss cruise.  Would have went a third time but had to try Q too.

53 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Since NCL is getting a do-over with the Joy, im hoping they will make her SDP restaurants the same as the Bliss.

ie: Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, Cagney's, La Cuchina, Q, and Los Lobos

and hopefully Encore will also have those same 6 SDP restaurants so there is some consistency among these neo-Panama ships.

(Escape doesn't count since it's too wide even for the new Panama locks.)

It sounded like this is the plan when we talked to the servers in Los Lobos. 

They let us substitute Los Lobos or Q for one of our Platinum meals.  Liked the Q but loved Los Lobos.    Using a whole meal in either one will really fill you up.  Go hungry 🙂

I don't believe there is Los Lobos on the Joy.  We booked our specialty dining for our upcoming May cruise back in January and I checked our reservation again today and it wasn't an option.  They have something called American Diner which sounds like a burger joint so we passed on that.  But they do have Q and we loved that on the Bliss so we booked that as one of our choices.

American Diner was part of the specialty dining option so I'm assuming there is a charge.  

When we went to Margaritaville on the Bliss we opted to not use one of our SDP and just paid a la carte.  If we decide to give American Diner a try we'll prob just do that.  I can't imagine it will cost more than those awesome nachos at Margaritaville lol.

Edited by CaliMom05

9 minutes ago, donovanrs28 said:

This was provided by a member on NCL Joy FB

302DDD63-46FC-45FF-9C88-5DEBDB7075E9.jpeg

wow..  the bottom of the ship isnt tapered but flat??

they just welded on a torpedo to it to make it aerodynamic? :)

so thats what the bow thrusters look like.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:30 PM, seemoreroyals said:

Any final word on restaurants? Read somewhere that Los Lobos Mexican restaurant was going in next to Cagney’s.  Looking forward to updates on this thread. 

We would love to see a Mexican restaurant on board.  

Edited by fsa1155

On 3/19/2019 at 9:30 PM, seemoreroyals said:

I wonder where you read that? At one point Los Lobos was on the agenda but then they stopped mentioning it and it isn't on the deck plans. 

4 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I wonder where you read that? At one point Los Lobos was on the agenda but then they stopped mentioning it and it isn't on the deck plans. 

I read about it from a utube video I watched plus it was discussed here on cruise critic as well.  We love Mexican food and we are going on the Joy later this year so naturally I was interested.

It wasn’t until I was able to see the new deck plans released earlier this week that I realized there would be no Los Lobos on the Joy.  Disappointed but not the end of the world.  We have never gone hungry on a cruise ship abd there are still plenty of good specialty dinner choices all is good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

I read about it from a utube video I watched plus it was discussed here on cruise critic as well.  We love Mexican food and we are going on the Joy later this year so naturally I was interested.

It wasn’t until I was able to see the new deck plans released earlier this week that I realized there would be no Los Lobos on the Joy.  Disappointed but not the end of the world.  We have never gone hungry on a cruise ship abd there are still plenty of good specialty dinner choices all is good.

Do you have a link to the deck plans of the JOY?  We're on her to Alaska in May and sure would love to see the actual deck plan. We have just been assuming it was like the Bliss?!

1 hour ago, sargemrs said:

Do you have a link to the deck plans of the JOY?  We're on her to Alaska in May and sure would love to see the actual deck plan. We have just been assuming it was like the Bliss?!

It’s on NCL’s website.  I just went to Joy and then to deck plans.  All the new restaurants, bars, and everything and their locations are there.  Hope this helps.  The deck plans are completely updated as compared to a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by seemoreroyals

On 3/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, CaliMom05 said:

American Diner was part of the specialty dining option so I'm assuming there is a charge.  

When we went to Margaritaville on the Bliss we opted to not use one of our SDP and just paid a la carte.  If we decide to give American Diner a try we'll prob just do that.  I can't imagine it will cost more than those awesome nachos at Margaritaville lol.

D4AE5478-8C3A-4551-BA6F-62724102FDC3.png