Step by step - opening our medallions!

hllwdcruiser

3 hours ago, mamashamiller said:

The app on my phone never worked I had better luck on an iPad so go figure???

Your medallion will work regardless how the app works.

have fun!!!!

There is a glitch that has been off and on with the android system. I had to use the DWs iPhone to do the passport scan. I could scan it with the android and get the green display momentarily, but did not get the option to check the data and accept it.

1 hour ago, TheRabbit said:

There is a glitch that has been off and on with the android system. I had to use the DWs iPhone to do the passport scan. I could scan it with the android and get the green display momentarily, but did not get the option to check the data and accept it.

I,ve been using an Iphone. The app wont take my booking number.

4 hours ago, Pamster said:

I think the question is, though, what's to prevent someone who finds your dropped medallion from going to a board, finding your cabin number (along with directions to your room).  Then go to you cabin, open the door, and steal something?:

Can someone else use my Medallion to get into my room or charge onboard purchases to my account?

Your physical Medallion does not store any personal information; instead, it serves as the portal to your encrypted digital profile, which contains your onboard security photo. If the profile photo does not match the guest using the device, then stateroom access will not be granted and onboard purchases will not be approved.

Pamela

14 hours ago, pamwigs said:

Can someone else use my Medallion to get into my room or charge onboard purchases to my account?

Your physical Medallion does not store any personal information; instead, it serves as the portal to your encrypted digital profile, which contains your onboard security photo. If the profile photo does not match the guest using the device, then stateroom access will not be granted and onboard purchases will not be approved.

Pamela

I wonder how the automatic opening of the door when you're approaching matches your face to the photo stored on the device...I'm sure there is a way, the new iPhone's have face recognition, but is that built into the door opening mechanism?  Come home without your glasses on and it won't open for you.  :-)  

Just a techie-type that finds this question interesting...

1 hour ago, toc1085 said:

Sailing April 6 on the Caribbean Princess

That one should definitely come up, but you are under 4 weeks out. That could be the problem. Not an expert in this area at all, but I think the cut off for getting the OM delivered is 4 weeks. That said, on the Royal in 7 weeks, we can get on, but will have to pick up the OM at the port.

I'd call the OM help number and talk to a navigator. 844-525-0942

1 hour ago, Pamster said:

I wonder how the automatic opening of the door when you're approaching matches your face to the photo stored on the device...I'm sure there is a way, the new iPhone's have face recognition, but is that built into the door opening mechanism?  Come home without your glasses on and it won't open for you.  🙂

That is straight off the Princess website.

The way I read it is the person does not need to be right at the door, just close by. Possibly it is face recognition using hallway cameras. Just a guess and yes, it is interesting to an engineer like me.

1 hour ago, Pamster said:

I wonder how the automatic opening of the door when you're approaching matches your face to the photo stored on the device...I'm sure there is a way, the new iPhone's have face recognition, but is that built into the door opening mechanism?  Come home without your glasses on and it won't open for you.  🙂

What I posted was off the Princess site. I suggest you contact Princess with your techie-type question. 

19 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

That one should definitely come up, but you are under 4 weeks out. That could be the problem. Not an expert in this area at all, but I think the cut off for getting the OM delivered is 4 weeks. That said, on the Royal in 7 weeks, we can get on, but will have to pick up the OM at the port.

I'd call the OM help number and talk to a navigator. 844-525-0942

I've been trying to add my reservation since mid February. The other parties I'm traveling with were able to do so this past Tuesday. I've called the OM help number 7 times and have gotten no where. I'm beyond aggravated.

On 3/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, pamwigs said:

What I posted was off the Princess site. I suggest you contact Princess with your techie-type question. 

Thanks for that.  

Someone else had posted that she had asked them why there wasn't some security on getting the cabin number off the hall screens so easily, so I wondered if this meant that problem had been rectified.  Although since the medallions have a security code, it seems like they could prompt you for that before providing your cabin number. 

I'm going to be on the Royal the end of April, I'm sure all my questions will be answered then.

• 5 months later...