Your cruise was ruined...

resstation

I can see it now - after the first few cruises and the reviews start coming in -

"My cruise was ruined by _______."  (insert some new innovation never seen before)

"This is not like the other cruise lines I've ever been on and I hate it."

"The Drag Queen Brunch was too over the top, I mean, I just wanted to have a nice quiet meal."

"The other cruisers were so young, mostly in their late 20's and 30's! I thought this was an adult only cruise line."

Prepare yourselves. Read and watch everything that is being promoted by Virgin Voyages. This will not be your momma's cruise line. You have been forewarned by a multitude of video and print advertising. You can EASILY decide if this kind of vacation is or is not for you. They have been showing us who they are all along.

Personally, I can't wait! It is about time someone stirred up the cruising landscape. I also can't wait to be dumbfounded by some of the reviews I know are coming. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I'm kind of waiting for some outrage about the 18+ stuff. How dare they not make special accommodations for my emotional support toddlers, etc.  

1 hour ago, resstation said:

The Drag Queen Brunch was too over the top, I mean, I just wanted to have a nice quiet meal."

I've already seen this over on r e d d i t. "I don't have a problem with gay people, but I don't want them in my face while I'm trying to eat". Heh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Isn't the drag brunch just in one restaurant?  I'm not even sure it will be easy to get in if you wanted to see it, and with 19+ other places to eat it seems like you could simply not go if it were not your thing?  I'm indifferent to it myself...

I also just do not see the scenario going the way you describe with mostly cruisers in the 20's and 30's with the prices as they are.  Maybe in the suites but not the ship overall.  Going to be more of a mix, but I do think it will be a mix of people who like the vibe Virgin is putting out.

• Like 1

Since I'm new to these boards, I've been browsing through some of the other cruise line threads, and the dismay that some cruisers of other lines are expressing about VV is actually kind of amusing. A tattoo parlour? Quelle horreur! Once they find out "that place" will also do piercings, they'll probably demand a revolt. It's OK, folks, I don't think the VV vibe will be contagious if your ship happens to pass the Scarlet Lady in the night. 😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, crazycatlady11 said:

Since I'm new to these boards, I've been browsing through some of the other cruise line threads, and the dismay that some cruisers of other lines are expressing about VV is actually kind of amusing. A tattoo parlour? Quelle horreur! Once they find out "that place" will also do piercings, they'll probably demand a revolt. It's OK, folks, I don't think the VV vibe will be contagious if your ship happens to pass the Scarlet Lady in the night. 😘

I’ve been hanging around here a while (though not nearly as long as many). This place is basically in a permanent state of pearl-clutching outrage. 🙂

I really like my solo NCL cruises, and the occasional cruise on other lines with H, but I’ve been stoked about VV ever since it was first announced. That feeling has only increased with ongoing news (YAAAS I will be in line for Drag Brunch reservations). I can’t believe I’m actually booked now. Still a long while, but it’s getting real now!

I’ve already got a sailing in Oct 2020 booked with the hubs, but tonight I found myself looking at the solo accommodations for sailings closer to launch. So tempting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

I’ve been hanging around here a while (though not nearly as long as many). This place is basically in a permanent state of pearl-clutching outrage. 🙂

I really like my solo NCL cruises, and the occasional cruise on other lines with H, but I’ve been stoked about VV ever since it was first announced. That feeling has only increased with ongoing news (YAAAS I will be in line for Drag Brunch reservations). I can’t believe I’m actually booked now. Still a long while, but it’s getting real now!

I’ve already got a sailing in Oct 2020 booked with the hubs, but tonight I found myself looking at the solo accommodations for sailings closer to launch. So tempting.

Pearl-clutching outrage just made me lol. My confirmation booking email from VV arrived at 8:03 on Thursday morning, so I definitely bought what they're selling. Cuba has been on my bucket list, and to have a chance at that plus an innovative ship and concept: Yep, I'm in. And I'll also be online as soon as reservations open for dining on our cruise to grab 2 spots for that drag-queen brunch. Heck, I might even get a new ear piercing on board lol. We're booked for September 2020 and it seems so far away. If you go earlier, reports are mandatory! Oh wait, we're just stupid Fyre Festival wannabes ... we'll never actually sail. Silly us 😏

• Like 1

I could not agree with this thread more. I consider myself a relatively seasoned cruiser (“Elite” on Celebrity), but nearly every concept about Virgin has me excited to cruise with them next August. I immediately plunked down a deposit for a cruise. Tattoo parlor on board? Yes, please! Drag lunch? Absolutely! Hammocks on the balconies? No specialty dining fees? Topless sunbathing? Ummm... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

I guess I need to purchase some nice "pearls" before I board the beautiful Scarlot Lady!

Instead of Mardi Gras beads we can all wear (for me it’ll be fake) pearls to recognize each other. 😉

All together now ... clutch!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

I'm really looking forward to cruising with VV in the future. As a couple in our early 30s the main cruise lines do not really excite us. From looking at some of the people in the Facebook groups I'm in for VV there are definitely going to be some very disappointed people. Only thing keeping us from booking now is the lack of longer cruises. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

I'm really looking forward to cruising with VV in the future. As a couple in our early 30s the main cruise lines do not really excite us. From looking at some of the people in the Facebook groups I'm in for VV there are definitely going to be some very disappointed people. Only thing keeping us from booking now is the lack of longer cruises. 

We solved that problem by booking back to back cruises (which we did in part after finding out Bimini was the private resort location).  Before that though we were thinking to do an extended stay in Miami for a few days before the cruise, instead of just flying in and sailing out like we normally do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycatlady11 said:

Only on VV. Not on the respectable cruise lines

I guess I won’t tell them about the fact that Celebrity regularly has chartered swinger cruises on their ships. 🙂 And I do mean swingers, not just nudists. 

http://www.blisscruise.com/

Edit: Oh, I didn’t know RCL was hosting these now too ... on Indy even. 

Edited by AdoraBelle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rbschultz said:

There is a cat with lasers coming out of its eyes on the VV webpage... if people can't figure out this is a millenial cruise line they're doing it wrong.

Correct, the only older person VV was designed for is Sir Richard Branson. Some cruise lines want families, other want older people, but VV is targeting a completely different crowd. 

4 hours ago, rbschultz said:

There is a cat with lasers coming out of its eyes on the VV webpage... if people can't figure out this is a millenial cruise line they're doing it wrong.

Cats with laser eyes are a timeless beacon to fun loving people of all ages, a modern form of the Alexandria lighthouse of old.

That dance floor picture next to it is super-millenial though!

I think the target is more quirky people of all ages rather than pure millennial though, with the mixture of call to elegance along with the festival at sea and then Branson as the figurehead.

• Like 5

Call it what you will, my money is on LOADS of complainers on the VV boards who didn't bother to research before booking. I often wonder how people like that get around in the world, but they do, surprisingly. It will be entertaining reading for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1