EZAir - For the Win

Cruiser_1977

I am using EZAir internationally for the first time and am amazed by what you get.  You just have to keep an eye out on all fronts.  I am flying United from Denver to Copenhagen with change of planes in Toronto.  The second leg is on Air Canada. Due to pricing and length of trip, I chose Business Class.  I was able to pick my seats on the first leg on United, but cannot yet on AC.  I expected this.  I have rebooked only once and expect I do have the lowest pricing or nearly so.  I am keeping an eye out on the specific airline site (AC) for the booking of seats and when I get antsy I am going to call Princess and pay for my tickets and then be able to pick my seats.  The pricing is ridiculous!  If I had booked these flights myself it would have cost me around $6279pp!!!!!! one way!  I am paying $1269.  EZAir is the only way that I can even spurge on business class.  And as others have said, have Princess to help in case of delays, etc. and also is covered under Princess insurance.  So for the extra work and sometimes hassles(that are more often caused by the airlines than EZAir), it is so worth it to go EZAir.  But you must keep an eye out on things.  Besides my price drop, there has been a slight change of times on one of my legs.  Am so looking forward to my very first Business class flight! (and the use of AC's lounge for my 4.5hr layover in Toronto!).

Pooh

12 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

You've had several answers to this question and while none of them are "wrong", they haven't been complete.

You pay Princess for your flights at Final Payment. Princess doesn't pay the airlines until the 45 day before sailing and may take another week or so after that. It's at the 45 day point that you no longer have the opportunity to change or even cancel your flights altogether. So, the airline won't show your ticket as "Paid" until Princess pays them.

If you want Princess to pay them early so you can select seats, you must call and ask for this to be done. They'll be happy to do so but you will waive the right to change or cancel at that time.

Thanks, that is just the enigma we were trying to solve. Wanted to select seats but also want maximum flexibility to change flights, hence the 45 day 75 day confusion. As it turns out I believe Air Canada always charge for seat selection until 24 hours pre-flight. I guess paying for seat selection at 45 days is best option. Alaska allows seat selection for return flight immediately

On 2/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, JennyB1977 said:

I have never booked airfare through the cruise lines. I decided for my trip in January 2020 to at least look at it. The exact same flights in the same class on one of the travel sites are only $66.60 less expensive. I think the following advantages are worth the extra money:

* Book your flight now with no amount due until cruise final payment.

Ensures you'll get your cruise if flights are delayed or cancelled, and we'll get you home if for any reason the cruise or Princess transfer cause you to miss your return flight.

* With our Flexible air, you can change your flight up to 45 days prior to departure with No Change Fee.

one more reason, I always book thru ezair and found that even tho you aren't leaving for a year yet, check once a month on the flights and prices.  I did that eight months ahead of our cruise and learned that the prices had dropped to the "ridiculous" level.

Enjoy your trip.

1 hour ago, Knickearth said:

one more reason, I always book thru ezair and found that even tho you aren't leaving for a year yet, check once a month on the flights and prices.  I did that eight months ahead of our cruise and learned that the prices had dropped to the "ridiculous" level.

Enjoy your trip.

I’m even more obsessive about checking prices much more often after booking about 330 days in advance.  Once that resulted in a 60% lower airfare with better flights by quickly checking daily.  As it gets closer in the months prior to departure airfares increased for our routings.  For me there’s no reason to not quickly book Flexible EZair flights & hope for better airfare/flights which has happened each time for us.

My experiences have been that any way of booking roundtrip flights they’re not available until 330 days before the return flight.

Edited by Astro Flyer

20 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, that is just the enigma we were trying to solve. Wanted to select seats but also want maximum flexibility to change flights, hence the 45 day 75 day confusion. As it turns out I believe Air Canada always charge for seat selection until 24 hours pre-flight. I guess paying for seat selection at 45 days is best option. Alaska allows seat selection for return flight immediately

Many airlines will allow immediate seat selection if you have frequent flyer status above their basic member level, even if the tickets aren't yet paid.

Edited by beg3yrs

Here is a question...Based on reading here on CC. I kept my eyes on flights over the weekend. There is a combination that is now about $150 less expensive. When I log in to EZAir and "Add or Modify Flights" my current ones are still listed as the least expensive. Does EZAir not use United? Should I call?

Currently I am on AA out of IAD to LAX and AA from LAX to DCA. It's cheaper and they are both close to home.

The cheaper flight I found online is United out of IAD to LAX and AA from LAX to DCA (exact same flight).

EZAir certainly uses United.  They are essentially a ticket consolidator where they buy a group of tickets and then sell them to the pax.  There certainly may be times when the airlines or one of the online sellers like Expedia will offer a better deal.  If you did not see the United flight on EZAir, it would say that they had not been given that alternative or that they had sold all the seats they had been given.  So you have to make a decision as to where you want to get the ticket.

I have become a believer in EZAir for all the reasons the OP listed.  If they are even simply equal to what I found on the internet, I will go with EZAir.  

5 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Here is a question...Based on reading here on CC. I kept my eyes on flights over the weekend. There is a combination that is now about $150 less expensive. When I log in to EZAir and "Add or Modify Flights" my current ones are still listed as the least expensive. Does EZAir not use United? Should I call?

Currently I am on AA out of IAD to LAX and AA from LAX to DCA. It's cheaper and they are both close to home.

The cheaper flight I found online is United out of IAD to LAX and AA from LAX to DCA (exact same flight).

I use United all the time.......they do offer United. IMO if it is not listed it is not available through EZ Air.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time calling. It can get really frustrating.  

On 2/16/2019 at 8:00 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

. ...The second leg is on Air Canada. Due to pricing and length of trip, I chose Business Class.  I was able to pick my seats on the first leg on United, but cannot yet on AC....

I have NS American SFO to Miami & Air Canada NS Montreal to SFO.  I was also unable to get my seat on Air Canada so I called them Saturday. They were very pleasant but told me that until they actually get the flight ticketed by Princess, I cannot get a seat. I can then choose my seat and the flight's wide open. Or I can wait until I get to the airport and pick my aisle seat then. 

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I have NS American SFO to Miami & Air Canada NS Montreal to SFO.  I was also unable to get my seat on Air Canada so I called them Saturday. They were very pleasant but told me that until they actually get the flight ticketed by Princess, I cannot get a seat. I can then choose my seat and the flight's wide open. Or I can wait until I get to the airport and pick my aisle seat then. 

Once Princess pays Air Canada for the tickets (about 45 days prior to the cruise departure date) you can access their website and choose seats, but you will have to pay for them.

If you go to the Air Canada website 24 hours before your flight you will find seats have been assigned.  If you are not happy with those seats you can change them on the website - no charge  - and check in.

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

After what you just mentioned, I thought I would check my flights with KLM. Seats are assigned, all is good. Final payment is due at the end of July. 

Glenn

• 3 years later...