Mystery Dinner theater on Serenade

1 minute ago, rock the boat said:

Anyone ever done this and what did you think?

We did it once on Liberty. We thought it was hoaky, but fun. It is performed by the entertainment staff & over acted a bit. You have a team (decided by the people you sit by at the dinner table) who work together to try & figure out "who done it".  We were NOT impressed with the food that was served.... While I had fun... the hubs was just ok with it. He did it cuz I wanted to...this stuff was not his thing. I thought the food would have been better & it was not worth the extra price to me. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CollegeKidChillin said:

Hey sailing on this cruise too. How do I enroll in this mystery dinner?

Look in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.  Might be under "Entertainment".

We did it on Serenade and thought it was a fun and entertaining way to enjoy a specialty dinner.

Started with champagne in the Safari Club and the 'first act', then we moved into Giovanni's and were seated in groups of 8-10 at long tables.  The wine flowed freely and we ordered our meals from the set menu, enjoying additional 'acts' of the mystery.  We were given some paper/pencils for notes, and as a group tried to solve the mystery.  Each group had an opportunity to ask a few questions of the cast to refine our guesses.

Throughout, we enjoyed each other's company and chatted about other things as well.  The mystery was a nice way to 'break the ice' in meeting new people.  

At the end, we each put our guess of the murderer and from the correct guesses, they drew a name to win a nice gift basket.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I was terribly underwhelmed. Even if it was an included event (nothing is free) I wouldn't go again. The tables were long banquet style, not nice congenial round groupings and I wasn't impressed by the menu. The show itself was pretty cheesy, but if you had a few drinks before arriving, you'd probably be mellow enough to get into it.