Laser Tag on Symphony

LuCruise

How does Laser Tag work on Symphony?  On Mariner, there were no reservations but I noticed from a recent cruise compass posted that reservations are required.

1. Where do you sign up?
  2. Can you sign up for more than one session?
  3. Are there any drop in times?

I don't mind making reservations for shows but not happy to see that we now need it for activities.  On Mariner, we could go again and again with no issue. Hoping laser tag on Symphony isn't a one time thing.

40 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

How does Laser Tag work on Symphony?  On Mariner, there were no reservations but I noticed from a recent cruise compass posted that reservations are required.

1. Where do you sign up?
  2. Can you sign up for more than one session?
  3. Are there any drop in times?

I don't mind making reservations for shows but not happy to see that we now need it for activities.  On Mariner, we could go again and again with no issue. Hoping laser tag on Symphony isn't a one time thing.

The compass that I saw had times that required a reservation amd times that didn’t.  I am guessing that you can reserve times the first day that the box office.(either on the promenade or on deck 4)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On Symphony, you can sign up for Laser Tag once you board using the Royal App or at the box office. If you don’t have a reservation, there is a standby line and they will fill in any gaps.

I think that you can sign up for only one session at a time but after your session is done, you can sign up for another one.

It was quite busy the first sea day with a long line of people, many who didn’t know they needed a reservation 😡, but near the end of the week it was easy to get in on standby without much of a wait. So you can probably go again and again if you want, especially on port days.

With over 5500 passengers on board, I  think that I would prefer to make a reservation even if it’s not my first choice in time slot and get in right away rather than wasting time waiting in a long line.

Have fun!

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The compass that I saw had times that required a reservation amd times that didn’t.  I am guessing that you can reserve times the first day that the box office.(either on the promenade or on deck 4)

On last week's live review, I only noticed times that said reservations required (but I could have missed a time).

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

On last week's live review, I only noticed times that said reservations required (but I could have missed a time).

Oops.  I went back and checked and it did say reservations required for both morning amd afternoon sessions.  Sorry about that,  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

On Symphony, you can sign up for Laser Tag once you board using the Royal App or at the box office. If you don’t have a reservation, there is a standby line and they will fill in any gaps.

I think that you can sign up for only one session at a time but after your session is done, you can sign up for another one.

It was quite busy the first sea day with a long line of people, many who didn’t know they needed a reservation 😡, but near the end of the week it was easy to get in on standby without much of a wait. So you can probably go again and again if you want, especially on port days.

With over 5500 passengers on board, I  think that I would prefer to make a reservation even if it’s not my first choice in time slot and get in right away rather than wasting time waiting in a long line.

Have fun!

Thanks.  Yes, I noticed one day is on one of our port days, and we'll probably stay on board that day, so we'll definitely try then.  And our kids will want to try earlier too.

Where is the box office?  One compass I'm looking at has a compass entry for 'Box Office Assisted Show' at The Attic (deck 4).  Then on another day it has "Box Office" next to Bionic Bar (deck 5).  Or is there no set spot and just check compass when we board?

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The compass that I saw (Jan 12th) had reserved times in the morning and open times in the afternoon or vice versa on at least one of the sea days.

Thanks...guess no compass is in stone and changes so will just see what our week brings.  😊 So soon!

Edited by LuCruise

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

You did it in Mariner, do you think it would appeal to a 15 and 17YO or is it geared towards the younger kids. 

Definitely!  It's something for the whole family and lots of fun.  It was actually my first time trying it and had a blast.  My son commented too that it was a good version as you can see the laser beams, which I guess you typically don't.

Remember to bring closed shoes and don't have any loose items (I even had to remove my pouch).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Where is the box office?  One compass I'm looking at has a compass entry for 'Box Office Assisted Show' at The Attic (deck 4).  Then on another day it has "Box Office" next to Bionic Bar (deck 5).  Or is there no set spot and just check compass when we board?

Definitely check the cruise compass but on our sailing, the Box Office was a stand set up in the alcove/hallway between the Bionic Bar and one of the shops on deck 5.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

Definitely check the cruise compass but on our sailing, the Box Office was a stand set up in the alcove/hallway between the Bionic Bar and one of the shops on deck 5.

Thanks so much.  Will look out for it.

12 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

On Indy they were reaching 3 hour waits, so I think a lot of people would prefer a reservation system over wasting a day sitting in a loud dark room waiting for a 7 minute game...

Yikes.  That is not good to hear.  Can then why they are adding reservations.

On Mariner this past summer, we went in for a game and lined right up again.  There is the wait while the game before you finishes and then the video, but wasn't bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Symphony. Laser tag sessions could be reserved. We booked 2 sessions as soon as we noticed this using the App.

First session we were the only players with reservations and very few were waiting in line so everyone got in to play. By the time we were finished the standby line was much longer.

The second session was much busier, most the spots were reserved and the standby line was long.

Both sessions were on port days.

They were being very strict on having closed toe shoes on.

Definately for all the family, all ages were playing (can’t remember lower age limit).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dedels said:

Sorry to hijack the thread - but is there a minimum age of the laser tag?

5- 8 have to have an adult in the room (don't have to play if they don't want. Just be there) 

8 to play with no adults around. 

There's also a minimum height (41" I think)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

5- 8 have to have an adult in the room (don't have to play if they don't want. Just be there) 

8 to play with no adults around. 

There's also a minimum height (41" I think)

Cool - thanks for the info!  Looks like I will have a very happy 8 year old with me, but a disappointed 4 year old :classic_biggrin:

On 3/5/2019 at 4:32 AM, Scillycruisers said:

With regard to reservations, it lets you book for more than 1 session at once, so book what you think you might want. If you don’t turn up, they will just let people in from the standby line so it doesn’t matter.

Good to know.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I guess they do reservations now I was on the Symphony December and they never did reservations but the line was about 39 mins wait

That's a long wait.  Can see why they added reservations.  It was more like 10 min wait on Mariner when we went (basically for last game to complete) but bigger ship for Symphony (and we're going school break time so probably a good thing they added)