Why are there no Carnival Journeys in the summer!

TravelLots

If you work in any school system, you can never go anywhere in September or February.  It would be lovely to go on a 14 day Carnival Journey cruise to Hawaii.  I know teachers are very fortunate to have summers off. But I bet a lot of people would like a summer vacation option.  Why won’t Carnival try it? I think they’d make a lot of money.

• Like 1

Why should they? Cruise prices are higher in summer to begin with. As for Hawaii, I don't think Carnival does summer cruises to HI. As for longer cruises, there are a couple of transatlantic cruises next summer, but again, no reason to make them Journey cruises. 

29 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

It's their way of bumping up cruise prices in the winter

I agree.  Demand for cruises is high enough in the Summer that they can already charge more.  The price for a journey cruise in the Summer would probably be cost prohibitive for many people who travel then with their families.

13 hours ago, TravelLots said:

If you work in any school system, you can never go anywhere in September or February.  It would be lovely to go on a 14 day Carnival Journey cruise to Hawaii.  I know teachers are very fortunate to have summers off. But I bet a lot of people would like a summer vacation option.  Why won’t Carnival try it? I think they’d make a lot of money.

I second this!   As a teacher, we are limited on travel dates. ( Full disclosure, we usually do cruise Spring and Fall Break.)   We wanted to go to Hawaii this summer and are now booked with Norwegian instead of Carnival.  If Carnival would have offered a summer Hawaii cruise I would have much preferred that.

3 hours ago, mvaughn11 said:

Stupid question...  What is a Journey Cruise?

Not stupid question - they are usually longer cruises with some throw-back fun:

Carnival Journeys 

Carnival Journeys is a limited series of special sailings that’s made to amaze, starting with great destinations like Bermuda, Hawaii, Alaska and the Caribbean. 

Edited by ARcruisin2
clarity

5 hours ago, CruzinKristin said:

I second this!   As a teacher, we are limited on travel dates. ( Full disclosure, we usually do cruise Spring and Fall Break.)  

Yea, 

We try to sneak in a Spring Break Cruise, too. But it’s no more than 5 days or everyone’s falling asleep in class!

On 2/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, ARcruisin2 said:

Not stupid question - they are usually longer cruises with some throw-back fun:

Carnival Journeys 

Carnival Journeys is a limited series of special sailings that’s made to amaze, starting with great destinations like Bermuda, Hawaii, Alaska and the Caribbean. 

Is there a way to search for a Journey's cruise on the Carnival website or do I need to contact a PVP directly to ask about it?