Mandatory Service Charges

sidari

I've been trying to find out if grats are included for my November cruise. I emailed my TA and they only came back with  "mandatory" & "cannot be removed" .

Tried MSC Live Chat

Are gratuities mandatory for all MSC cruises?

and received

"You can pre pay or pay on the ship all service charges"

"Service charges will be applied to your account on the ship if you do not pre pay"

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I've been trying to find out if grats are included for my November cruise

Goto msccruises.co.uk, select Manage Booking then select Before Departure then select Service Charges.

I would recommend you copy the page to you photo which you can use if get any difficult with Guest Relations onboard.

It clearly says ".........should you wish to adjust or cancel .... you may do so on board "

Sorry I have to ask why would you want to cancel this charge? -- in over 50 cruises it is something we have never done and we usually pre-pay as part of the cruise fare.

If you receive bad service then discuss with Guest services about removing them.

2 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Sorry I have to ask why would you want to cancel this charge? -- in over 50 cruises it is something we have never done and we usually pre-pay as part of the cruise fare.

If you receive bad service then discuss with Guest services about removing them.

I am not going cancel the service charge I was just posting what I had read on MSC site.  People should watch one of the behind the scenes programs we have had over here about Princess.

When you saw how hard the poor people in the kitchens or the laundry work. Or the guys who seem to constantly be polishing the hand rails etc. The ones people walk past as though they are invisible...

49 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

I am not going cancel the service charge I was just posting what I had read on MSC site.  People should watch one of the behind the scenes programs we have had over here about Princess.

When you saw how hard the poor people in the kitchens or the laundry work. Or the guys who seem to constantly be polishing the hand rails etc. The ones people walk past as though they are invisible...

Yeah after seeing the one about MSC Seaside over here in the UK I would never understand why people would remove the charge unless the service was so bad but then you go to GS and inform them of your issues you never know what you might get in return

11 hours ago, jody75 said:

Goto msccruises.co.uk, select Manage Booking then select Before Departure then select Service Charges.

I would recommend you copy the page to you photo which you can use if get any difficult with Guest Relations onboard.

It clearly says ".........should you wish to adjust or cancel .... you may do so on board "

Thank you. I may have to send a link to my TA.