Royal getting into Buenos Aires late

Todd320

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I thought Captain Draper was taking Royal Princess Around the Horn and to Los Angeles.  Was Captain Nash at the helm when you left Fort Lauderdale?

Captain Draper left the ship on 26 January. 

14 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Ohhhh boy...

EAFE1A2C-5AA0-43EE-8D29-29C66BCEBA51.jpeg

YIKES!!!  I’m not there but the problems described appear to be due to shoreside independent contractors which has been my experiences when things go wrong in a port.  Hopefully Princess is assigning shipboard personnel to assist passengers & to provide water to them.

Once in Lisbon the few slow port security agents assigned to the limited number of scanners created a long line (over an hour) returning to the ship which exposed passengers to the elements.  Princess had no control over the delay but they did check on passengers in line for any health problems.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m not there but the problems described appear to be due to shoreside independent contractors which has been my experiences when things go wrong in a port.  Hopefully Princess is assigning shipboard personnel to assist passengers & to provide water to them.

Once in Lisbon the few slow port security agents assigned to the limited number of scanners created a long line (over an hour) returning to the ship which exposed passengers to the elements.  Princess had no control over the delay but they did check on passengers in line for any health problems.

That is what I thought as well. Not a Princess issue. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there has ever been a ship this big in Buenos Aires?

2 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

That is what I thought as well. Not a Princess issue. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there has ever been a ship this big in Buenos Aires?

I don’t know if it’s the largest ship but did embark on the Golden (2600 passengers) in BA.  The terminal was smaller than others we’ve used & also passengers had to take buses between the terminal & the ship which slows the process further.

Maybe someone who’s affected by this situation will post on this thread with additional information.

1 hour ago, Georgie562 said:

Ohhhh boy...

EAFE1A2C-5AA0-43EE-8D29-29C66BCEBA51.jpeg

Your issue is not a Princess issue.  It is an issue for government of the city of Buenos Aires who refuses to provide the money to construct an adequate cruise terminal for their city.  I learned this from my tour guide following my disembarkation from the Zaandam in 2018.  As a HAL guest, I experienced exactly what you are going through.  Getting luggage, going through Customs and Immigration (after I finally found the end of the line), and then waiting and waiting and waiting for ground transport:  this experience did not improve my opinion of Argentina.  I was on a HAL transfer/tour and having some HAL representatives helped.  Trying to manage the chaos on my own, my blood pressure rises just thinking about it!

Best wishes and try to keep your sense of humor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Your issue is not a Princess issue.  It is an issue for government of the city of Buenos Aires who refuses to provide the money to construct an adequate cruise terminal for their city.  I learned this from my tour guide following my disembarkation from the Zaandam in 2018.  As a HAL guest, I experienced exactly what you are going through.  Getting luggage, going through Customs and Immigration (after I finally found the end of the line), and then waiting and waiting and waiting for ground transport:  this experience did not improve my opinion of Argentina.  I was on a HAL transfer/tour and having some HAL representatives helped.  Trying to manage the chaos on my own, my blood pressure rises just thinking about it!

Best wishes and try to keep your sense of humor.

I'm not on this cruise. I just posted a screenshot of someone from the Royal Princess facebook page  who posted this. Just thought I'd share the chaos they are going through. And yes I agree with you, all you can do at this time is just be in good spirits.

Edited by Georgie562

1 minute ago, Georgie562 said:

I'm not on this cruise. I just posted a screenshot of someone from the Royal Princess facebook page  who posted this. Just thought I'd share the chaos they are going through.

Argentina and particularly Buenos Aires is off my "would like to visit again list".  Did not feel safe in Buenos Aires, other than my tour guide, I did not care for the attitude of most of the other Argentinian citizens whom I met, and at least at the Delta terminal for EZE, seating for guests waiting to check-in for their flights is minimal.  Many on my flight had to sit on the floor while we waited for the late check-in agents to "set-up shop and get ready to do their job".