Complimentary Suite Upgrades?

mfs2k

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I booked a balcony guarantee on cruise next month and also inquired re upgrade but no go. Quoted me another $700 so decided to stay put. Been monitoring availability and prices daily and when prices dropped drastically on Monday got a C2 deck 10 on the hump. Was offered a sunset verandah but declined. Long walk, small balcony, no privacy from above and full sun. It all worked out great.

Great to hear.   It is always good to check regularly after final payment.    I was just able to upgrade from a A1 to SkySuite Guarantee for $500 total.   It has been two weeks and no room assigned yet.   At 6 weeks until sailing our cabin has not been assigned yet and no SS showing availability..  

Edited by Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

I just realized we've been moved from our Veranda to Conceirge class (unbeknowst to us).

I hope this is good :classic_wacko: . . . i am wary of free things. I hope it isn't a noisy room. (Maybe because the new cabin lost capacity for more than 2 guests?).

Please reassure me that this is a good move (at least there are cabins above & below us . . . would be worried being right next to a public area).

Appears like X are moving a few pax around on revolutionised ships as they are altering cabin capacity in various categories. Worrying if you’d already chosen a particular desired cabin and are moved to a less desirable location.

6 minutes ago, villauk said:

Appears like X are moving a few pax around on revolutionised ships as they are altering cabin capacity in various categories. Worrying if you’d already chosen a particular desired cabin and are moved to a less desirable location.

Very, we are on the Equinox post revolutionised in September. We always book one of the hump cabins with the large balconies. I will not be happy if we get switched.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, ghstudio said:

of course, I believe you are right....but then when you read this Celebrity suite class faq:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

it clearly defines luminae and michael's club as new benefits.

Anyway, it seems like a poor deal either way for the OP.....but just wanted to clarify in case we get any offer at all on our next cruise.

Those were “new” benefits when that sheet was created, but that was several years ago - note the date 2016 on the bottom left side  - after Sky Suites were given access to Michael’s Club and Luminae restaurants were constructed.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great to hear.   It is always good to check regularly after final payment.    I was just able to upgrade from a A1 to SkySuite Guarantee for $500 total.   It has been two weeks and no room assigned yet.   At 6 weeks until sailing our cabin has not been assigned yet and no SS showing availability..  

I was very happy with the upgraded deck and location as right by elevators with cabins above and below. I noticed a pricing pattern for the CC and last Saturday put it on a courtesy hold and Monday made the switch. Good luck with your cabin assignment. Please do post when you receive it.

2 hours ago, villauk said:

I looked it up, and conferred with my cruising friends that the new cabin location is a better one -- a deck higher than the veranda room with still being sandwiched between cabins above and below. (Actually, I love that we'd have a pillow menu, MDR embarkation lunch, upgraded room service menu, and a bottle of sparking wine on embarkation).

I do think the concierge cabin was changed from 3 to 2 people occupancy as they removed the couch (so maybe someone was forced to switch post-revolution).

I had spent time choosing a room with a good/quiet location (and a meaningful cabin number), but I think the upgraded elements more than make up for loosing the symbolic cabin number I had been memorizing for the past year.

I had chosen a veranda cabin as we usually stay in interior staterooms, and I wanted something a bit nicer for our honeymoon (wedding 2 days before cruise). The concierge class looks amazing, and the location doesn't look too bad.