Royal Princess, any passenger seating areas?

sskate

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I had difficulty finding a door that led to the outside deck.  No difficulty in finding a vacant seat.

I have had the same experience a few times.  My recollection is of dead ends making it frustrating to get outside.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:49 AM, Pam in CA said:

There is seating on the Promenade deck forward, mid-ship and aft.

There is also a covered seating area on Sun deck aft just outside the port side elevators and before the Retreat pool.

And, there are seating areas around the main pool on Lido deck. 

9B278DBF-8D27-48D9-9D28-92A5B68FC05F.jpeg

0739771A-14DD-48A1-B2BC-3AB8C073F744.jpeg

Thank you for your response.  Where is the promenade deck forward?  I can't find it on the deck plan.

Are restaurants closed outside dining times? It seems that the restaurants have all the windows for their tables. 

I think I have booked a wrong ship, Royal is too long, too much walking for my mum.  Our room is in the forward while bars and restaurants are in the aft.  I saw that other ships and public chairs along the deck so that one doesn't have to go into any bars or restaurants for a seat, one can have a seat half way before reaching the intended venue.

We have booked a stateroom on the Royal for Alaska, it is probably too hard to help my mother move from one end to another, or one deck to another for viewing glacier carvings, if any, or catch a glimpse of whales, from inside of the ship.  

From the forward of the ship you will be close to the seating area outside on the promenade level and close to the international cafe - which is a lovel indoor seating area. It is however a decent walk from forward to the buffet and dining rooms. You have altrernative food options that are not additional cost at Alfredo’s and the International Cafe, which are good and might be easier to navigate for your Mom.   There are also areas up on the deck on forward side near the sanctuary pool where you can sit and watch for whales etc.  With the exception of the formal dining rooms, and Alfredo’s, everything is pretty much open all the time.

However, you might call your TA and see if you can get relocated more centrally if you are truly concerned. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the number of random seating areas. More than what are on the deck plans.  

It is a larger ship, but beautiful. And a ship and crew used to catering to seniors. 

Edited by Jennwick

12 hours ago, sskate said:

I think I have booked a wrong ship, Royal is too long, too much walking for my mum.  Our room is in the forward while bars and restaurants are in the aft.  I saw that other ships and public chairs along the deck so that one doesn't have to go into any bars or restaurants for a seat, one can have a seat half way before reaching the intended venue.

While the Royal is bigger than the other Princess ships sailing Alaska next summer, it isn't that much longer.  The Royal is 1083 feet, the Ruby is 951 feet and the Coral is 965 feet long.  The half way point of any Princess ship is the Piazza/Atrium.  The Royal has the largest Atrium of any of those ships and has lots of comfortable seating in the Piazza itself and in the bars and restaurants that surround it on 3 decks.  As others have said there are lots of places to sit that may not appear on the deck plans too.

If mom has mobility issues have you considered renting a wheelchair for the cruise?  She may not need it at all or not most of the time but it would be there if needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

While the Royal is bigger than the other Princess ships sailing Alaska next summer, it isn't that much longer.  The Royal is 1083 feet, the Ruby is 951 feet and the Coral is 965 feet long.  The half way point of any Princess ship is the Piazza/Atrium.  The Royal has the largest Atrium of any of those ships and has lots of comfortable seating in the Piazza itself and in the bars and restaurants that surround it on 3 decks.  As others have said there are lots of places to sit that may not appear on the deck plans too.

If mom has mobility issues have you considered renting a wheelchair for the cruise?  She may not need it at all or not most of the time but it would be there if needed.

capriccio's comments are ones with which I agree.  Royal Princess is the largest ship on which I have sailed.  Before my cruise, I was concerned that she might be "too big" for me.  She wasn't.  Walking forward or aft on any deck was not the "chore" that I thought it might be.  Not knowing your Mother's mobility issues, the suggestion of renting a small wheelchair for her is an excellent idea.  There are specific companies that will deliver one to the ship for your use once you are aboard.  It would be an easily solution to your concern if you are unable to change the location of your stateroom.

If you do try to change your stateroom's location, have a deck plan in front of you when you speak with your travel agent.  Where is the room in relation to an elevator?  Being close to the elevators that serve the Piazza would be the most convenient.