Premium Drink Package

beachhouse

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Pay full price for the flight.

You can, of course, create your own flight by ordering multiple martinis sequentially. You can ask your bartender to make each of them half size, but if this is not possible, just only consume half of each drink and discard the rest.

Word of advice if you've never had a Premium drink package.  ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, either request the PREMIUM level beer, liquor, wine or water, when you place your order.  Otherwise, the bartender will serve you Non-Premium alcohol.  Our experience is that they never look at your card and say, "Oh, you're Premium.  Would you like Grey Goose in that martini?".  If you want Grey Goose, remember to request it or else you get the bar vodka.  Same goes for wine, beer and water.  You get Evian with Premium.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hi-ho-silver said:

How do we use the premium package in the "Cellar Masters" bar?  I heard that most of the wine is dispensed via the self-serve type wine machines.

At Cellar Matters Masters there is usually a bartender. Not everything is self-serve. It's also a nice quiet space. You can hear the music in the atrium, but it's also possible to escape. 6 weeks to go! 😃

26 minutes ago, Hi-ho-silver said:

How do we use the premium package in the "Cellar Masters" bar?  I heard that most of the wine is dispensed via the self-serve type wine machines.

Never have seen self-serve, but may have missed it.  There is a listing of wines.  Keep in mind Premium allows, last I checked, up to $13 or $14 for a glass of wine.  Just be sure to request the most expensive within the Premium drink allowance.

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Word of advice if you've never had a Premium drink package.  ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, either request the PREMIUM level beer, liquor, wine or water, when you place your order.  Otherwise, the bartender will serve you Non-Premium alcohol.  Our experience is that they never look at your card and say, "Oh, you're Premium.  Would you like Grey Goose in that martini?".  If you want Grey Goose, remember to request it or else you get the bar vodka.  Same goes for wine, beer and water.  You get Evian with Premium.

this is great advice...we see lots of threads with questions regarding the drink package wondering if something is covered

Just remember...it's not the particular drink, it's the type of booze in said drink. A margarita would be covered by the classic package...a margarita made with patron and grand mariner might not me.

well said!  Thank you!

20 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

this is great advice...we see lots of threads with questions regarding the drink package wondering if something is covered

Just remember...it's not the particular drink, it's the type of booze in said drink. A margarita would be covered by the classic package...a margarita made with patron and grand mariner might not me.

Well said!  Exactly!  A Bloody Mary, whatever.  Be sure to indicate the Premium Liquor when you submit your order.  The bartenders won't tell or advise you otherwise.  Be a smart consumer for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

well said!  Thank you!

Well said!  Exactly!  A Bloody Mary, whatever.  Be sure to indicate the Premium Liquor when you submit your order.  The bartenders won't tell or advise you otherwise.  Be a smart consumer for sure!

I wonder how many people pay for the premium package and just get served the basic. I like martinis made with grey goose and I can tell the difference.

Yes, the bartender does not know your package before the end of the transaction.

Always be specific if you want Grey Goose for instance.

By the way, the machines in cellar masters are i think called enomatic and they are NOT covered by a package. They are a separate thing. You can get a glass from the bartender that will be covered by a package.

27 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

By the way, the machines in cellar masters are i think called enomatic and they are NOT covered by a package. They are a separate thing. You can get a glass from the bartender that will be covered by a package.

The machines have been gone for a long time. Cellar Masters was turned into the GastroBar on Equinox.

I spend several hours every night at the martini bar and unless someone asks for something else they always use grey goose vodka.  For a couple of years now I switched from martini to Vodka on the rocks and for the last few cruises I do ask for Grey Goose VX.  Up until this month it was always covered under the Premium Package but on this cruise they wanted $1 more up charge.  Well they never charged me but they did put the bottle in front of me with glasses of ice and a glass of olives and made me pour my own every night.  Not once in 12 nights did they scan my card or know how many drinks they just replaced the bottle when empty.

52412094_10218019956041319_2801457375901384704_n.jpg

• Like 1