Fort Lauderdale to Orlando transfer

tigerwilf

I think it will probably save some money just to rent the car and drive to Orlando and keep it for the whole time that you are there. Florida does not have a fee to return a rental car to a different location.(Like some other states do)

We are flying into Orlando and renting a car, doing a couple of days at WDW, then just driving to Ft. Lauderdale the morning of the cruise.

Someone that has done this before might know more about this as this is the first time we are doing this, and we did not check prices of shuttles from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. 

2 hours ago, tigerwilf said:

Hi please can anyone tell me if there is a bus from the port up to Orlando. Usually we have hired a car but my husband has decided he might like to wait till we get to Orlando before getting a car. Thank you.

More info on the Florida Departures forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/533-florida-departures/

4 hours ago, tigerwilf said:

Hi please can anyone tell me if there is a bus from the port up to Orlando. Usually we have hired a car but my husband has decided he might like to wait till we get to Orlando before getting a car. Thank you.

Royal offers a bus program that does have several different routes available and there is one that stops in Orlando.  You need to call Royal or your TA in order to book this. 

The problem is is that the pick up and drop off point in Orlando are in a Burger King parking lot at 2000 Consulate Drive 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

36 minutes ago, erros said:

It depends on the rental car company if they charge for a one way rental.  I got bitten!

Depends on the company. Just booked Alamo standard SUV from PIE (St Pete Airport) to Ft Lauderdale port for $35

Edited by cruisinfanatic

It may be cheaper to just rent a car, but you could fly from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando.  It's a short flight and not that expensive, albeit more than a car rental.  

I believe Southwest flies that route but perhaps others do too.