Drink Package Through Agent

DoubleEntry

1 hour ago, DoubleEntry said:

Hi All,

I have  Classic drink package from an online agency.  Will I be able to upgrade it to Premium on board, maybe with a discount?  Also, it doesn't show up on my reservation.

Thanks,

We always get the CBP as one of our Go perks. Not once has the CBP or gratuities showed up in our order history in the CP. The OBC has. Check your invoice as all of our Go perks show up there. 

3 hours ago, DoubleEntry said:

Thanks Everyone!!!

You can call Captains Club and ask them to make sure to add it to your Order History. I book with a TA all the time and in fact just called last week to have them add the beverage package and the WIFI to our Order History for our cruise in March 2020. They did it with no problem. They now show up. I didn't call the TA (large online agency). PS....I'm also a major, long-suffering Phillies fan!

We have CBP perk next month on Equinox

i called my TA to see if she could upgrade my package to Premium at a savings from the $11.80 Celebrity charges. She said no and she said I should upgrade directly with Celebrity. Ok then. 

• 4 weeks later...

I booked my first cruise through a TA recently. We received OBC from Celebrity which shows up in Cruise planner. It doesnt match what we were supposed to get it was $100 more. Could it be they are giving ius an extra $100 for past customer loyalty? Im optomistic.

The TA OBC, gratuities and CBP does not show up in cruise planner.

All perks show up on TA invoice though.Why doesnt everything show up on Celebritys site?

So after I make final payment to our TA how does Celebrity know what all perks I have coming?

Do I checkin with a copy of my TA’s invoice and Celebrity honors that? What if their are any discrepencies?

Any help from fellow cruisers would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I booked my first cruise through a TA recently. We received OBC from Celebrity which shows up in Cruise planner. It doesnt match what we were supposed to get it was $100 more. Could it be they are giving ius an extra $100 for past customer loyalty? Im optomistic.Only the OBC from X will show up in your Cruise Planner and be available to be used for pre-cruise purchases. The OBC from the TA won't show up until you're on board, usually right away, but it can take up to three days. I have now idea why you're Cruise Planner is showing an extra $100.

The TA OBC, gratuities and CBP does not show up in cruise planner. The gratuities given as a perk will only show up on your invoice. The CBP should show in your order history in the Cruise Planner, but sometimes it doesn't show right away. You can call Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and they'll add it there. See answer above for the TA OBC.

All perks show up on TA invoice though.Why doesnt everything show up on Celebritys site?

So after I make final payment to our TA how does Celebrity know what all perks I have coming?The invoice is available to X and will show in their system. It's always a good idea to take a copy of your invoice with the information showing. We've always taken copies with us, but we've never needed it. Still, it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.

Do I checkin with a copy of my TA’s invoice and Celebrity honors that? What if their are any discrepencies?

Any help from fellow cruisers would be appreciated. You do Online check in on the X website about 90 days before your cruise. Your TA may take final payment earlier than 90 days, some do to make sure everything clears.

We've done all of our cruises over the last dozen years with a large online TA and  the TA OBC never shows on the website pre-cruise and has always been there, as have gratuities, (which never show on the website) and CBP which, as I mentioned above, may take a phone call but will show in your Order History in the Cruise Planner. Also the OBC from your TA most probably be in the form of OBC-R(refundable), so if it's unused, it can be given to you in cash the last day or refunded to your credit card on record. I always dot my i's and cross my t's, so always have copies of the invoices showing the perks, but have never had an issue.

Edited by Luvcrusn

As others have mentioned, Refundable Onboard Credit provided through a Travel Agent cannot be used for pre-cruise purchases and will not show up in one's account until aboard following confirmation of payment or a corresponding reduction in the agency's sales commissions...  Similarly--if a Travel Agent has provided prepaid gratuities--an amount equivalent to those gratuities is posted to one's onboard account as Refundable Onboard Credit upon confirmation of payment or commission reduction by Celebrity...

Similarly for other perks provided through a Travel Agent--like a Beverage Package--Celebrity will not reflect the benefit in Cruise Planner until such time as the Travel Agent has--one way or the other--paid for it....  Sometimes that doesn't happen until just prior to sailing date...

While a Travel Agent's billing may enumerate those agency-promised perks at booking [keeping in mind that sometimes they're really being provided by the cruise line as a booking promotion to all who qualify regardless of booking source]; an agency's bill--while perhaps helpful in resolving errors with shoreside accounting once aboard if differences occur--is not binding upon the cruise line if the agent has somehow forgotten to pay for a perk [or perks] that is/are truly being provided through and paid by the agency...  Not implying that such mistakes are frequent but they have been known to happen...

Edited by Xport

51 minutes ago, Xport said:

As others have mentioned, Refundable Onboard Credit provided through a Travel Agent cannot be used for pre-cruise purchases and will not show up in

Similarly for other perks provided through a Travel Agent--like a Beverage Package--Celebrity will not reflect the benefit in Cruise Planner until such time as the Travel Agent has--one way or the other--paid for it....  Sometimes that doesn't happen until just prior to sailing date...

While a Travel Agent's billing may enumerate those agency-promised perks at booking [keeping in mind that sometimes they're really being provided by the cruise line as a booking promotion to all who qualify regardless of booking source]; an agency's bill--while perhaps helpful in resolving errors with shoreside accounting once aboard if differences occur--is not binding upon the cruise line if the agent has somehow forgotten to pay for a perk [or perks] that is/are truly being provided through and paid by the agency...  Not implying that such mistakes are frequent but they have been known to happen...

Our last 8 cruises were all booked through a large online TA. Every one has had a beverage package.  We usually book at least a year before sailing and most times more. Each one has shown the beverage package in the order history long before the sail date.  Sometimes I've called Captains Club and they have manually added it, but except for the aberration of when the new website launched about 2 years ago, it shows up as soon as I get the booking confirmation (and make the call) LONG before final payment and sailing.