Promenade Cabins on Voyager Class

Queenzena

1 hour ago, Queenzena said:

Trying to decide on a deck for a Promenade view room on Mariner. Looking for convenience, not near the pub and a decent view for parades and other activities. Choices are decks 6,7,8. Suggestions/ thoughts are most welcome!

This is the view from our PR room #7279 on Navigator. We were actually opposite the pub and did find the room quite noisy at night. On a couple of nights we could still hear the music from the pub after midnight. We have also had a PR room opposite the Cafe Promenade on Adventure before (I think it was #7557) and were not at all inconvenienced by noise in that one. Both were on deck 7. To be honest, we did not think the view was anything special and tend to go for these cabins simply because they tend to be cheaper than OV and at least have a window, unlike "real" interiors.

20181123_190657.jpg

20181123_190723.jpg

20181123_190739.jpg

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

This is the view from our PR room #7279 on Navigator. We were actually opposite the pub and did find the room quite noisy at night. On a couple of nights we could still hear the music from the pub after midnight. We have also had a PR room opposite the Cafe Promenade on Adventure before (I think it was #7557) and were not at all inconvenienced by noise in that one. Both were on deck 7. To be honest, we did not think the view was anything special and tend to go for these cabins simply because they tend to be cheaper than OV and at least have a window, unlike "real" interiors.

20181123_190657.jpg

20181123_190723.jpg

20181123_190739.jpg

I'll actually be in 6279 on my sailing so great to hear your review! My boyfriend and I stay up late and don't mind noise so we figured any cabin would do. Just wondering, where do the stairs/bridge I see in the one picture lead? Wondering if it will be easy to access the promenade from our location

3 minutes ago, CrusingRuthing said:

I'll actually be in 6279 on my sailing so great to hear your review! My boyfriend and I stay up late and don't mind noise so we figured any cabin would do. Just wondering, where do the stairs/bridge I see in the one picture lead? Wondering if it will be easy to access the promenade from our location

Hi.

Those stairs and the bridge don't connect to the corridors where the cabins are located. There is a crew-access door at the right-hand side (out of the picture) and the bridge itself is sometimes used by crew when there are events going on in the promenade, like the 70s party.

This line of cabins is very central, so to get to the promenade you have to walk along what is effectively half the length of the promenade and go down one flight of stairs.

If you stay up late you won't be bothered by any noise. We usually turn in at about midnight and on two nights the music went on until between 12.30 am and 1 am. After that it was quiet.

Hope this helps. :classic_smile: 

• Thanks 1

We had Promenade cabins a few years ago right across from the Ben and Jerry’s. I did not find the noise from the promenade a problem at all. You could hear the music from the nightly partys and parades but that ended pretty early. However, these cabins were the noisiest we have ever been in because of noise from our neighbors.  And not just from a connecting door or particularly loud neighbors. It just seemed the walls were thinner and the construction different than outside cabins. Never again!

22 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

Just wondering, where do the stairs/bridge I see in the one picture lead? Wondering if it will be easy to access the promenade from our location

Found a couple of pics of the bridge in use at events. The first is the Captain's welcome aboard party and the second is the 80s party.

20181125_005618.jpg

20181127_025951.jpg

Thanks for all the information regarding PV cabins. Will be cruising on the Voyager in July in a PV cabin on deck 7. Does that mean all the big parties will be at the Promenade? Getting excited about this first-time experience.

1 minute ago, ROCruiser said:

Thanks for all the information regarding PV cabins. Will be cruising on the Voyager in July in a PV cabin on deck 7. Does that mean all the big parties will be at the Promenade? Getting excited about this first-time experience.

There may be a parade or two and the 70's dance party on the Royal Promenade.

• Like 1

We did 28dys on Mariner in PR6581, near the pub. No issues with noise except parades. I think PR cabins are a true bargain.

The bridges are actually tracks for big sliding fire doors that close to compartmentalize (is that a word?) the Promenade.