LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)

EmilyJay

@first time cruiser pat I got my colour scheme wrong, it’s light grey with navy blue and silver theme. 😂 

I actually have to thank you for getting me to go there, I wouldn’t have gone had you not of asked and it’s now one of my favourite spots! Great drink selection, great views and just a great space. 

Congratulations to your son and I hope you have a wonderful cruise! 

2B1CAE39-58C8-4C28-AE5C-B3EF14E79463.jpeg

0D7D63A9-8133-46C4-BB18-8984D8242F13.jpeg

• Like 3

Day 7: Curaçao 🇨🇼 

We docked on time this morning into Curaçao. We had no plans today so decided on a leisurely morning before getting off to explore a little. 

We got off the ship at about 10.30am and walked into the town which is about a 10 minute walk and includes going over Queen Emma Bridge. 

I love the buildings, it’s just like being in Holland and they have a nice Caribbean feel with the colours. 

We did a bit of souvenir shopping and went to the market before stopping off for a cool down in a bar. Once refreshed we walked back to the ship and went to the pool for a few hours which was lovely and quiet. 

Tonight we watched the headliner show, Stephani Parker who is a Whitney Houston tribute singer. The girl can sing beautifully, but I noticed alot of people leaving half way through and I can understand why as there is alot of talking, and singing a song but talking half way through the song, then getting back to the song and stopping. But she is a great singer. 

Dinner was at the Windjammer, where it was Caribbean themed. 

Tomorrow is our last port of call in Bonaire. 

I have a picture of  yesterdays Main Dining Room menu. 

Also, no update on Adventure Ocean or the fitness centre both are still closed. 

The Splash Zone was also closed today which left for some very unhappy parents. The poor girl manning the closed area had 2 parents in the space of about 5 minutes get a bit cross. 

7CD36A86-9571-44F3-AF28-5D855FA90A72.jpeg

5CDC3983-B7F6-4E6C-89BD-78ECF5F233B8.jpeg

8C947788-9876-4E3E-B614-113368B1BC62.jpeg

29515B4B-8CAB-4CFF-A9EB-D732E9C5732F.jpeg

9F2262D9-10BC-49B0-8200-A357313C729F.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

@first time cruiser pat I got my colour scheme wrong, it’s light grey with navy blue and silver theme. 😂 

I actually have to thank you for getting me to go there, I wouldn’t have gone had you not of asked and it’s now one of my favourite spots! Great drink selection, great views and just a great space. 

Congratulations to your son and I hope you have a wonderful cruise! 

2B1CAE39-58C8-4C28-AE5C-B3EF14E79463.jpeg

0D7D63A9-8133-46C4-BB18-8984D8242F13.jpeg

Thank you for these pictures!   It is a beautiful room, I’m glad you enjoyed it.  Thank you for the well wishes. Enjoy the rest or your vacation. ❤️

We will be on this cruise on 4/12.  Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review!

I looked at the Daily Compasses that you posted, but could not find the suggested attire.

I know nowadays you can pretty much wear anything for dinner, but I still like to know what is suggested and when the formal nights are scheduled.

If you could post this after your trip, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jo

Edited by Mimajo
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, EmilyJay said:

Hooked- We plan to eat here towards the end of the cruise. 

Bamboo Room- Great decor, but in all honesty I prefer the cocktails in some of the other bars. But 10/10 for theme. (Drink is a Mojito) 

El Loco Fresh- Located near the pool. I really quite like the food here, quick simple grab and go or sit at a table and eat.  

EADC1008-4545-43EB-AA55-ED914CA406E9.jpeg

FD5DB89B-9D2C-4BC4-A0BD-FAC245DB7F86.jpeg

ABE95E20-98ED-468D-B84D-544907466415.jpeg

46BD4939-347D-48A2-938F-3450FC6A27B5.jpeg

F2216142-3814-44EE-8445-3C24E8243C42.jpeg

5D4A5E2A-5925-49C0-A103-63F5B4B8533E.jpeg

9272A970-3C18-439F-94A3-1CA0AC8A64B4.jpeg

May I ask what type of mojito this was?

2 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It does look tasty.  I'm interested too.

Being nitpicky, but if you quote someone, you can edit the quote and remove all the other photos that aren't pertinent.

Dan

I am so incredibly sorry...this is the first time I have ever posted on a board like this and have no clue what I am doing.  I will do better next time

4 minutes ago, DolphinGirl73 said:

I am so incredibly sorry...this is the first time I have ever posted on a board like this and have no clue what I am doing.  I will do better next time

Welcome to the Cruise Critic forum!

Oh, no worries at all!  Happens all the time.  Now I feel bad for making you feel bad.  😞 :)  Happy cruising!

Dan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Oh, no worries at all!  Happens all the time.  Now I feel bad for making you feel bad.  😞 🙂 Happy cruising!

Dan

Oh gosh...don't feel bad.  I'm glad you said something so I know!!  Thank you!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DolphinGirl73 said:

I would like to know if it's possible to get a photo of the wine list in the MDR.  Also, have you seen the drink cards being sold at all on board (usually halfway through the sailing)?

We’ve not once got a drinks menu in the MDR. We’ve just asked for a certain wine and got it. 

No drinks cards that I’ve seen.

2 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Have you done the laser tag?  Was it fun?  Do they charge for it?

We haven’t done it! But it does look fun and I’ve looked and can’t see an extra charge so I think it’s free. 

10 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Did you attend the late night pool party?  How was it?

Thx,

Dan

Yes! They have had 3 so far, they are alot of fun especially with a good crowd of people. Best place to be is deck 12 at Lime & Coconut. 

12 hours ago, DolphinGirl73 said:

May I ask what type of mojito this was?

It’s called the ‘Bamboo Room Mojito’ 

12 hours ago, Mimajo said:

We will be on this cruise on 4/12.  Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review!

I looked at the Daily Compasses that you posted, but could not find the suggested attire.

I know nowadays you can pretty much wear anything for dinner, but I still like to know what is suggested and when the formal nights are scheduled.

If you could post this after your trip, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jo

Formal nights were day 2 & tomorrow which is day 8. 

The rest of the cruise has been stated as casual attire. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cloud7cruise said:

Do you know if the laser tag is by reservation only or do you just show up and line up?

Per the cruise compasses, it says first come first serve. No reservations, just show up. 

22 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Oh, no worries at all!  Happens all the time.  Now I feel bad for making you feel bad.  😞 🙂 Happy cruising!

Dan

Oh gosh...don't feel bad.  I'm glad you said something so I know!!  Thank you!!

• Thanks 1