Save a post - HELP!

KatieBelle

In the past I have been able to save individual posts for future reference.  Now I can't seem to save a post, only "like" it by clicking the heart icon.  Am I having a memory lapse?  I know several out there are more savvy than I and can give me elementary tech support.

Thanking you in advance,

Katie

Hi,

You are right that there is no "save the post" button.

I suppose there are several things you could do.

a-you could cut and paste and put it in an email to yourself

b-you could right click(on your mouse) and then see which of the possibilities you could use from there- it lists -bookmark page, send page to device,take screen shot, and others

Maybe one of them would work for you.

If I want to make sure to save a post or posts (some might, er, disappear), then I just print it as a pdf.

With long threads that can be many pages, but one can just select to print 1 page, or a few separate ones, or a few sequential pages.
The formatting doesn't tend to be pretty (at least the way I do it), but "it works" fine.

GC

i have a 'dump document' just for this; i cut and paste what i want to save from CC, and dump in under a heading ie.  "shanghai," " how to get from port to Old Town Shanghai" making sure i include the date so that when i go back to read the stuff under "Shanghai" i'll know how old the info is.  This collection of info has been invaluable in planning.

Thank y'all for the suggestions.  However, at the top banner next to the "log out" icon there is a yellow heart "saved" icon.  I have one saved post there.  For the life of me I can't remember how I put it there.  Wish I could still use that feature.  Does anyone else use it?

It never occurred to me that "Save" button might be useful for saving posts; I guess I am a tad thick.

So if I want to save a post, I copy & paste it to a Word document and label it "saved from Cruise Critic" or "Useful travel information" then save it to my laptop.