Carnival's Infant Policy

emoorehead

Does anyone know Carnival's infant policy? I have been trying to find it on the website, but it is acting glitch today.

I am sailing in 58 days and have unexpectedly ended up with custody of my niece, who will be 4 mos old when we sail.

Any information is much appreciated.

This is from the website.  Unfortunately, you must be 6 months to sail, but depending on the birth date, you might make it.

Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail. Children must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on trans-ocean crossings and remote itineraries, where there are more than 2 consecutive sea days.

Googled and copied from Carnival's FAQ's

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2545/~/infant-policy

Infant Policy

• Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. When traveling with 2 full fare guests, additional guests in the same stateroom pay a discounted cruise fare. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities.  
  • Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail. Children must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on trans-ocean crossings and remote itineraries, where there are more than 2 consecutive sea days.
  • This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.

The cruise is for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Even if I change the dates, I can't get that back. Plus it is the next to last sailing on the Ecstasy out of Charleston. Likely won't be able to duplicate the itinerary.

This blows.

And I may be prematurely panicking. We might have one other option for child care, but it is a long shot and with such a short time frame in which to work everything out.

Anyway, I am still trying to wrap my brain around everything that has happened in the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emoorehead said:

Thank you both. It looks like I will be cancelling my cruise that I have had booked for 18 months. 😥

My niece will turn 4 mos just a couple of days before we sail.

I am so sorry for this but you are doing something so special in caring for your niece! 

• Thanks 1

Bless you for taking on a newborn.  hopefully you booked with insurance or something that is at least partially refundable or maybe carnival would work with you to change the dates.

if you can't find a babysitter, send her to NYC.  i'll babysit for you!  I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old, so there is always room for 1 more. 

• Like 2

As someone who’s been in your position, I completely understand the major life change you’re undertaking.  You may not be able to sail on the Ecstasy, but isn’t the Sunshine moving to Charleston?  We had to cancel our cruise for next week to a cruise in May on a different ship. It was $50 pp but was far better than losing everything that was paid.  Could that be an option for you? 

I hope everything works out, and congrats on the addition to the family!  Having my girls for those three years blessed me in ways I could never imagine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Does anyone know Carnival's infant policy? I have been trying to find it on the website, but it is acting glitch today.

I am sailing in 58 days and have unexpectedly ended up with custody of my niece, who will be 4 mos old when we sail.

Any information is much appreciated.

I do believe a child needs to be at least 6 months old to sail. Sorry. Perhaps you have a relative that can care for infant while you’re gone.

9 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Thank you both. It looks like I will be cancelling my cruise that I have had booked for 18 months. 😥

That's a bummer.  Is there nobody in your family or a close friend that would keep your niece while on the cruise?

We had considered taking our daughter and grandson with us on a cruise, so I knew he had to be at least 6 months old.  He's already 7 months old now, but he wouldn't be old enough to be dropped off for the children's program until he's 2 years old.  I hope you are able to figure out alternate plans.

9 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

That's a bummer.  Is there nobody in your family or a close friend that would keep your niece while on the cruise?

We had considered taking our daughter and grandson with us on a cruise, so I knew he had to be at least 6 months old.  He's already 7 months old now, but he wouldn't be old enough to be dropped off for the children's program until he's 2 years old.  I hope you are able to figure out alternate plans.

We cruised one year (wayback in 2007) with our daughter and granddaughter (who was 10 months old) while her hubby was deployed to Iraq, and although we could not leave the baby for any Carnival Camps, they DID have certain hours they would babysit there for a fee. We utilized it daily for a couple hours to give our daughter time to enjoy the ship. They even offered a service if taking an excursion, so we utilized it for a brief time, to get off and walk around. Our daughter did an excursion, but we headed back and got baby and walked with her to a nearby beach. If this service is something someone is interested in, I’d check to see if it’s still available. 

Unfortunately, we don't have any family here. Just me and my son and my parents......who are all going on the cruise. And my brother, whose baby I have.

It is a very complicated situation. But we are having a family meeting this week to try and figure out what to do. All is not lost just yet. I was very upset and panicking when I posted yesterday....hadn't had a chance to take a step back from the situation.

Thank you to all for your kind and encouraging words.

• Like 4

I want to wish you the best of luck and I hope this bump in the road will just be the start to a fulfilling new adventure. Sometimes the most beautiful things start out very hard. What a lucky little girl to have such an amazing aunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, emoorehead said:

Unfortunately, we don't have any family here. Just me and my son and my parents......who are all going on the cruise. And my brother, whose baby I have.

It is a very complicated situation. But we are having a family meeting this week to try and figure out what to do. All is not lost just yet. I was very upset and panicking when I posted yesterday....hadn't had a chance to take a step back from the situation.

Wait, your brother is going on the cruise, while you stay home with HIS baby? He should care for his own child, and you should take the family trip you’ve had planned for a year and a half. 

10 minutes ago, StillPooh said:

Wait, your brother is going on the cruise, while you stay home with HIS baby? He should care for his own child, and you should take the family trip you’ve had planned for a year and a half. 

It actually sounds like it’s her parents and son that were going on the cruise. Not the brother. She just mentioned that she had the brother’s baby. I wish her a world of good luck, as this sounds like it could be a rough time for their whole family, whatever the reason. One thing she might not have been aware of when asking if 4 month old could go on cruise, was that she’d have to pay a cruise fare for the baby, and have Carnival add the baby to her cruise, not just bring it onboard. But that’s all water under the bridge, if the baby is too young to go. 

3 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Keep us posted.  I’m rooting for You to be able to go!! I get it though. If anything were to happen to anyone in my family I end up with all the kids lol. I always really really hoped they all lived long healthy lives 😆.  I was listed in everyone’s wills to have custody of the children. Thank goodness most are grown now.  Whew  thankful that little girl has you. Gosh wish I could help ya out !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StillPooh said:

Oh no......I was saying that my brother is the only other family member we have close by. No way would I keep his baby while he went on my cruise.

It is just a very complicated situation.

7 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

One thing she might not have been aware of when asking if 4 month old could go on cruise, was that she’d have to pay a cruise fare for the baby, and have Carnival add the baby to her cruise, not just bring it onboard. But that’s all water under the bridge, if the baby is too young to go. 

Yes, I found that out as well through this whole process.

Right now, we are letting the dust settle a little bit and then we will figure out what to do. My parents are going no matter what happens since the whole thing is for their anniversary.

We might possibly be able to get my niece's other grandparents to take her while we are gone.....but that is a HUGE might. I will keep you posted.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, emoorehead said:

God bless for you taking responsibility for your niece.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, emoorehead said:

I hope it all works out for you!  Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson live 800 miles away from us, so any chance we can spend time with them is precious.  He's a great baby, but I knew my daughter would enjoy having some Mommy time too.  

Good luck!!!

Also I can tell you that Carnival is no exceptions.  My daughter found out she was pregnant after we booked a 11 person family cruise.  I called and asked and they make no exceptions due to medical problems that could arrise with one so little.  She ended up finding a friend/babysitter that she could leave him with as he also was 4 months.  He did just fine but she was happy when it was time to get home.  We foster so if you are going through foster system with neice there is also respite available for those kind of situations.  We havent had to use but we have done respite for families when the had something planned before a placement.  

Edited by pntnnc
  • Like 1

Hello all....just wanted to give you a quick update. We are very close to having arrangements made so that my son and I will still be able to go. 

54 days to get it worked out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 9