New England and Canada Car Rentals

Heartfelttraveler

I am trying to find car rental companies to possibly rent a car while in port.  My research is finding very little information about what companies actually are located near the port (tender or docked) or have a shuttle pick-up service at  the port.  Any suggestions of companies and the location name would be hugely appreciated.

Newport, RI

Bar Harbor, ME

Saint John (Bay of Fundy), New Brunswick

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Charlottetown, PEI

Quebec City, Quebec

There is a car rental office in Quebec City at the Manoir Victoria hotel, with Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty, which is fairly easy to get to from the port. However, if you're just there for a port day, you really don't need a car. Quebec is really one of the best 'get off the ship and wander' ports there is, with lots to do and see within walking distance of the dock.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not rent a car in Bar Harbor. The car rentals are far from the port and you will wait quite a while for a van pick up. We wasted an entire day doing this.

Also rented in St John, and the information given above is correct. It is close and easy to do.

We found that renting in Halifax was a challenge but doable. The rental establishment was a taxi ride away from the port.

5 hours ago, trivia addict said:

We found that renting in Halifax was a challenge but doable. The rental establishment was a taxi ride away from the port.

National/Alamo and I believe Dollar are an easy walk.  In the VIA rail station close to the port.  

• Like 1